How to fix windows defender Error Code 0x80508030?
Microsoft’s Window Defender is good at detecting malware and network-based attacks. It also protects your device from phishing sites. Windows Defender might sometimes face issues and if you see the Windows Defender Error Code 0x80508030 appear on your computer screen with an error indication message, the solutions given here will help you fix it.
The error code occurs during the installation of a program, or while upgrading the OS or Windows Defender. If you find any unwanted files in the browser cache, the Windows Defender error 0x80508030 might occur.
Some of the essential solutions to fix Windows Defender error code 0x80508030 are:
- Step 1:Disable any third-party antivirus or security software installed on your system.
- Step 2:Due to some settings for Windows Update, you might experience the error. To resolve it, follow these instructions.
- Step 3:On your computer, click Start > All Programs > Windows Update.
- Step 4:If the update engine is redirecting you to Microsoft Update, change it to Windows Update.
- Step 5:Click Change Settings.
- Step 6:Untick Use Microsoft Update.
Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Step 1:Using Windows Update Troubleshooter, you can fix the Windows Defender error code 0x80508030.
- Step 2:On your computer, go to the Control Panel > Troubleshooting.
- Step 3:Click View all on the left side of the troubleshooting pane.
- Step 4:Select the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow the on-screen instructions to rectify the error.
Windows Defender Offline Scan:
- Step 1:The possible fix for the Windows Defender error code 0x80508030 could be running an offline scan. The steps to run the Windows Defender Offline scan on a Windows 10 computer are given below.
- Step 2:Note: Ensure that you close all the apps and programs on your computer before using Microsoft Defender Offline.
- Step 3:Update your computer to the latest version of Windows 10.
- Step 4:Click Start and then choose Settings > Update and Security > Windows Security > Virus and threat protection.
- Step 5:Under the Current threats section, select Scan options.
- Step 6:Select the Microsoft Defender Offline scan.
- Step 7:Click Scan now.
- Step 8:Now, the Microsoft Defender Offline scan will start on your system. Then, your system will restart automatically.
- Step 9:These solutions will help you fix Windows Defender error code 0x80508030. If the error occurs again, kindly contact our support team.