How To Fix Windows Defender Error Code 0x80070422
Windows Defender is the built-in security software for all the latest Windows computers. You can enable and disable this security application based on your needs. Some of the Windows 10 users have encountered the Windows Defender error 0x80070422 while trying to run the application on their computers. If you’re also encountering the same error, perform the simple methods given below to clear the Windows Defender error 0x80070422.
Method 1: Use the SFC Tool
The Windows Defender error 0x80070422 can occur due to a corrupted Windows component. To check and remove it, run the System File Checker scan on your computer using the SFC tool.
- Step 1:In the CMD window, Type the sfc /scannow command.
- Step 2:Tap the Enter button.
- Step 3:Now, the SFC scanning will be initiated.
- Step 4:Once it is done, the scan result will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 5:For example, if there are no corrupted files present on your computer, then the message saying “Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations” will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 6:Similarly, if the ”Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files…” message is displayed on the screen, then perform the suggestions displayed on the screen to clear the Windows Defender error code 0x80070422.
Method 2: Uninstall or disable the third-party software
If you have any security software other than Windows Defender on your computer, then follow the below instructions to uninstall it. If you wish to disable the security software, then refer to the corresponding software’s official support page to know the exact procedure.
- Step 1:In the Run dialog box, Type the appwiz.cpl command and click OK.
- Step 2:Now, in the Program and Features window, select the third-party antivirus software installed on your computer.
- Step 3:Click on the Uninstall button followed by OK.
- Step 4:If prompted, restart your Windows computer after the uninstallation.
- Step 5:Now, check if the Windows Defender error code 0x80070422 is cleared. If not, set the auto-start feature for the Windows Defender application.
Method 3: Set auto-start for Windows Defender
- Step 1:Open the Services window.
- Step 2:Highlight and double-click on the Windows Defender service.
- Step 3:In the Properties dialog box of Windows Defender, go to the Startup type section and select Automatic.
- Step 4:Click Apply > OK.
- Step 5:If prompted, restart your Windows computer.
- Step 6:Check whether the Windows Defender error code 0x80070422 is cleared.