Guidance For Webroot Antivirus Install
The Webroot SecureAnywhere (Internet Security) package offers advanced security for your PCs, Macs, and mobile devices. This package protects your devices from viruses, malware, and phishing attacks. It will also safeguard you from cybercrime and other social network threats.
Now, you have to follow the instructions provided below to Webroot antivirus install on a laptop running on Windows 8. There are two ways to install it; you can pick any one, based on your requirements. The first method is by using the installation CD. The second one is by downloading Webroot SecureAnywhere from the official site. You can then double-click the downloaded file on your laptop and run it.
Let us now look at the first method in detail:
- Step 1:Take the Webroot SecureAnywhere installation CD and insert it into the CD drive of your laptop. The Installation CD window will now pop up on your screen.
- Step 2:In the window, click on the Begin Installation button.
- Step 3:On the screen that appears next, you will be requested for the keycode to activate the software. This will be your Webroot software license code.
- Step 4:NOTE: The keycode is a string consisting of 20 alphanumeric characters. You can easily locate it inside your retail box. The keycode is unique and contains information regarding your subscription.
- Step 5:After you have entered the keycode, you might come across the User Account Control dialog box. Click on the Yes button located in the dialog box.
- Step 6:You will now see the Register Now window where you have to click on the Continue button.
- Step 7:Webroot will now begin scanning your system (laptop). Once the scanning is over, you will find the Threats Identified screen. This screen will contain the list of the files that are infected.
- Step 8:You can now select or deselect the checkboxes to the left of the infected files to remove or keep them.
- Step 9:You can click on the Cleanup later button in case you wish to perform the cleaning up sometime later. Then, click on the Continue button.
- Step 10:In the window that displays next, you can see the Threats Identified heading at the top. You will also see some instructions for threat removal. Go through the instructions and then click on the Begin Threat Removal button.
- Step 11:Now, you can see the status indicator for removing the various threats identified on your Windows 8 laptop.
- Step 12:A dialog box will now pop up where you will see a prompt that asks you to reboot your laptop in order to finish removing all the threats. So, click OK to reboot.
- Step 13:Webroot will now start rescanning your laptop to make sure that no infections remain on it.
- Step 14:After a while, you will find the Protected screen. Click on the Scan My Computer button and then check the Scan Results.
You have successfully configure Webroot antivirus install on your laptop. You have also done the malware scanning and threat identification on the same.