How to Uninstall Norton Security?
You can uninstall the Norton Security application from your computer easily using the Norton Removal Tool, Run Command, and Windows Control Panel. Use any one of the methods given above to uninstall the Norton application. To know the detailed instructions about how to uninstall Norton Security application on your system, follow the step-by-step instructions given below.
Quick Steps to do Norton Security Uninstall
- Step 1:Begin the uninstall process by opening the Application folder of your Mac system.
- Step 2:Locate the Norton Security application beside the Apple logo and select it.
- Step 3:Choose the Norton Security Uninstall option from the menu list.
- Step 4:Click the Uninstall button to confirm the uninstall process.
- Step 5:To continue the process, you will be prompted to enter your Mac system password in the given text filed.
- Step 6:After entering the password, click the Install Helper button.
- Step 7:Once the software is uninstalled, restart your Mac system.
How do I Uninstall Norton Security from my Computer?
- Step 1:Steps to uninstall the Norton Security application using Window’s Control Panel.
- Step 2:Open Control Panel, click the Programs tab and select the Program & Features option.
- Step 3:Scroll the program screen, locate the Norton application, and select it.
- Step 4:Click the Uninstall or Remove button followed by Yes in the User Account Control window.
- Step 5:Wait for the Norton Security application to uninstall.
- Step 6:After uninstallation, restart your computer for regular use.
Uninstall Norton Internet Security for Windows 7
- Step 1:You can use the Norton Removal Tool application to remove the Norton Internet Security application from your Windows 7 system.
- Step 2:Download and install the Norton Removal Tool on your Windows 7 system.
- Step 3:After the installation, select & right-click on the Tool icon, and choose the Run as administrator option.
- Step 4:Click AgreeNextRemove OnlyFinish.
Uninstall Norton Internet Security for Windows 8.1
Perform the following guidelines to uninstall Norton Internet security.
- Step 1:First, right-click the Start button and then select the Control panel.
- Step 2:Next, click the Programs and Features link from the available list.
- Step 3:Now, search for the Norton Internet Security from the list of programs.
- Step 4:Select the Norton Internet Security and then click the Uninstall the button at the top of the screen.
- Step 5:The Norton Internet Security will start the uninstallation process.
- Step 6:The first panel will appear which will have, ‘ please remove all the user data’ option and click the option.
- Step 7:The Norton Internet Security is now installed and then restart the computer.
How to Uninstall Norton Internet Security on Mac?
The following instruction can help you to uninstall Norton Security on Mac.
- Step 1:First, double-click the Norton Product from the Applications folder.
- Step 1:Click the Norton Security under the Menu bar and then choose Uninstall Norton Product.
- Step 2:Click the Uninstall option in the Uninstall Norton product confirmation screen.
- Step 3:Key in the credentials and then click the Install Helper option.
- Step 4:Next, click the Restart Now option from the Uninstaller screen.
- Step 5:To uninstall the older versions of Norton for Mac.
- Step 6:Go to Symantec Solutions on the Applications folder and tick the checkbox that is next to Norton applications that you want to uninstall.
- Step 7:Click the Uninstall option and then confirm the product that you want to uninstall.
- Step 8:Enter the Administrator account password in the Authenticate screen and then click the OK button.
- Step 9:Now, click the Restart option.
Steps: Uninstall Norton Internet Security with Backup
To uninstall Norton security online backup on Windows, proceed with the steps below.
- Step 1:First, press the Window+R keys together to open the Run command box.
- Step 2:In the Run command box, enter appwiz.cpl and then hit Enter.
- Step 3:Choose Norton Online backup from the newly installed programs and click the Remove option or the Uninstall option
- Step 4:Proceed with the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstallation Norton Online backup.
- Step 5:Perform the following steps to uninstall Norton Online Backup on Mac.
- Step 6:First, click the Go option and then choose Computer under the Menu bar.
- Step 7:Next, go to the folder Library and then select Application SupportNorton Online Backup.
- Step 8:Now, double-click the Uninstall Norton Online Backup option.
- Step 9:Enter the administrator password and then click the OK button.
Fixed: Norton Internet Security will not Uninstall
Proceed with the following steps to solve the won't uninstall Norton security problem.
- Step 1:First, start the computer in safe mode.
- Step 2:Next, launch the Search option and then search in all the computer for symantec and then for Norton.
- Step 3:To remove or delete the Symantec registry keys.
- Step 4:Next, click the Start button and then select Run.
- Step 5:Type regedit in the command field and then click the OK button.
- Step 6:Next, download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool and run it.
- Step 7:Once the installation is done, click Programs and Features.
- Step 8:Click the Norton product from the available list.
- Step 9:Now, click the Uninstall button at the top of the page.
Resolved: Norton Security won't Uninstall Windows 7
Do the following steps to fix this issue.
- Step 1:First, check for the Network connection.
- Step 2:Next, launch the My Computer and double-click Drive C.
- Step 3:Now, double-click the Program Files.
- Step 4:Look for the Norton or the Symantec product folders that are left.
- Step 5:Right-click to select those products and then choose Delete.
- Step 6:Now, exit My Computer and then close the other folder.
- Step 7:If the issue still persists, download the Norton Removal Tool from the manufacturer’s site.
- Step 8:Once the Norton Removal tool is downloaded, run the tool, and then restart the computer.
- Step 9:Now, try to uninstall Norton Security with this Norton Removal tool.