How To Uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus For Mac?
Bitdefender is a useful antivirus program, but if you want to switch to another security program, you have to uninstall Bitdefender. Usually, the antivirus program would interrupt software installation, activation, updation, etc. In such cases, you will be forced to disable it until you finish the job. But, if you want to remove the Bitdefender antivirus program from your Mac computer, there are a few ways to do it. Read more on how to uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac.
Method-1: Using the Uninstall tool
- Step 1:Visit the official Bitdefender website from a browser and sign in to your account.
- Step 2:Search for the Uninstall Tool and select the tool compatible with your Bitdefender security tool.
- Step 3:When the page prompts to download, click Directly download the uninstaller.
- Step 4:Select the Uninstall button to begin the uninstallation. Once the process is complete, go on to restart the computer.
Method-2: Using the Uninstaller
- Step 1:On the Mac system, open the Finder app and minimize the window.
- Step 2:Now, click the empty area on the screen and select the Go menu at the top.
- Step 3:Choose Applications and find the Bitdefender folder.
- Step 4:Open the folder and double-click the Bitdefender Uninstaller file.
- Step 5:The next screen will show the Bitdefender program installed on your Mac. Select the program and click Uninstall.
- Step 6:If prompted, enter the administrator username and password.
- Step 7:After entering the credentials, click OK to start the uninstallation.
- Step 8:Once the process is completed, select the Close button. If required, you can fill up the details regarding the uninstallation on the survey page.
- Step 9:Open the Library folder on Mac, find the Bitdefender folder, and drag it to the Trash folder.
- Step 10:Again, when you are prompted to enter the administrator username and password, enter them to continue.
- Step 11:Go the Trash folder and empty it to make sure the program is completely uninstall Bitdefender antivirus for Mac computer.