How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus Mac?
Here's how to uninstall Avast Antivirus Mac system. You might have heard that a Mac computer does not require an antivirus software to remain secure because the Mac OS is built with several security layers that very difficult to breach. Well, you might be wrong in this regard. The Avast antivirus is an efficient software that adds to the protection shield on your Mac. With the help of Avast antivirus for Mac, you can always rely on
But with the use of Avast antivirus application on newer versions of Mac, your system might be prone to malicious attacks and a threat to your information security linked to the internet.
Let me guide you through the uninstallation procedure for Avast antivirus on Mac.
- Step 1:Launch your Mac computer.
- Step 2:Click the Finder icon in the dock section (bottom left on the screen).
- Step 3:Select the Applications option from the Finder menu.
- Step 4:Double-click the Avast icon from the application window.
- Step 5:From the top corner of the screen next to the apple logo, click Avast and select the Uninstall Avast option.
- Step 6:The confirmation pop-up will appear, click the Uninstall button to confirm.
- Step 7:If your Mac computer prompts you to enter the administrator username and password, enter the credentials in the respective fields and click the Uninstall button.
- Step 8:You will now see the message in a pop-up window, Uninstallation complete. Thank you for using Avast
- Step 9:Click the Quit button.
- Step 10:The Avast antivirus application is uninstalled from your Mac device.
Follow the steps described above to uninstall Avast antivirus Mac.