Sophos Antivirus Slowing Down Computer
Sophos is an antivirus application that helps in cleaning the files affected due to malware and other attacks that can make your system vulnerable. Follow these stepssophos antivirus slowing down computer.
Some of the critical features that make Sophos to be considered as the best among the third-party applications are:
- Step 1:It continuously scans and notifies you of the threats.
- Step 2:It cleans up the data threats.
- Step 3:It protects your data by not allowing harmful software to be downloaded to your system.
- Step 4:It gives regular updates, and it does not require the system to be online for the updation.
- Step 5:The sophos antivirus can be installed on both the Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Step 6:It makes use of the Real-time threat protection feature that can screen malware, Trojans, worms, and other harmful applications from entering the computer.
- Step 7:The Advanced ransom-ware technology protects your files and photos from phishing.
- Step 8:The Sophos antivirus helps in with a deep scan and clean, removing the traces and remnants of malware that previous security software might not have cleared from your PC.
The other features include-
By using these steps we can execute that sophos antivirus slowing down computer.
- Step 1:Parental filtering
- Step 2:Web security
- Step 3:Bank protection
- Step 4:Privacy protection
- Step 5:Identity protection
- Step 6:Online Support
- Step 7:However, after a recent configuration change in the Sophos defender firewall, it has been evident that the application now consumes more disk space than earlier, and also the CPU utilization has increased. This has resulted in slowing down of performance in many computers that have Sophos installed on them.
You can follow the steps given here to resolve the computer from slowing down:
- Step 1:Always make sure that your computer has the minimum system requirements to install the Sophos antivirus software on it. If the minimum requirements are not met, then that could hamper the performance of your computer.
- Step 2:If your computer does not have the minimum requirements, then upgrade your computer accordingly. You can find the minimum requirements for Sophos in its official website itself.
Some common troubleshooting steps can help in resolving some errors like :
- Step 1:A possible conflict with another application that could slow down system performance.
- Step 2:Scanning issues.
You can modify the settings in the Sophos console.
- Step 1:Disable Tamper Protection. (You can disable one issue at a time to recreate the problem)
- Step 2:If the errors still exist, then you can re-enable the setting and proceed to the next step.
- Step 3:Turn off download scanning.
- Step 4:Turn off website reputation lookup.
- Step 5:Turn off web control.
- Step 6:Disable Download Reputation
- Step 7:Disable Malicious Traffic Detection
- Step 8:Check which anti-virus and HIPS policy is used by the group of computers you want to configure.
- Step 9:In the Policies pane of the Sophos dashboard, expand the Anti-virus and HIPS category.
- Step 10:Double-click the policy you want to make changes to.
- Step 11:Besides the Enable behavior monitoring option, click Configure.
- Step 12:To disable MTD, click the checkbox to disable the Detect malicious traffic checkbox.
- Step 13:Click OK to apply the changes.
- Step 14:Disable the LSP.
- Step 15:Disable the option Host Intrusion Prevention (HIPS).
- Step 16:Disable suspicious behavior (SUS).
- Step 17:Disable the option Buffer Overflow Protection (BOPS).
- Step 18:Disable Behavior Monitoring for all the above three options. (Turn off HIPS, SUS, MTD, and BOPS).
- Step 19:Remove BOPS .dll file.
- Step 20:Turn off on-access scanning.
- Step 21:Turn off application control.
- Step 22:Select Configure from the toolbar menu (or press Alt-C).
- Step 23:Select Application control...
- Step 24:Uncheck Enable on-access scanning
- Step 25:Disable Sophos Live Protection.
- Step 26:Disable HitmanPro.Alert service via services.msc.
- Step 27:This makes the Exploit Prevention on the endpoint disabled
- Step 28:If the HitmanPro.Alert file is causing the performance issue, and you can disable it for the time being or find out the triggering point for the performance.
- Step 29:Remove the Sophos Endpoint and Security.
- Step 30:By utilizing these steps we can execute that sophos antivirus slowing down computer.
Restore Antivirus Settings
Make sure you have the recommended settings set for the following features as mentioned:
- Step 1:Behavior monitoring- Enabled
- Step 2:Detect malicious behavior- Enabled
- Step 3:Detect malicious traffic- Enabled
- Step 4:Detect suspicious behavior- Enabled
- Step 5:Alert only, do not block suspicious behavior- Enabled
- Step 6:Detect buffer overflows- Enabled
- Step 7:Alert only, do not block- Enabled
- Step 1:Live protection- enabled
- Step 2:Automatically send sample file to Sophos- enabled
- Step 3:Follow these steps we can execute that sophos antivirus slowing down computer.
- Step 1:On-access scanning- Enabled
- Step 2:Check files on- read- Enabled
- Step 3:Check files on rename- Enabled
- Step 4:Scan for- Adware and PUA- Enabled
- Step 5:Scan for- Suspicious files- Disabled
- Step 6:Allow access to drives without infected boot sectors- Disabled
- Step 7:Scan system memory- Enabled
- Step 8:Scan inside archive files- Disabled
- Step 9:Using these steps we can execute that sophos antivirus slowing down computer.
Technical Support For Assistance
For more assistance on this issue, contact our technical support by clicking the Call icon present here. They will help you to solve the issue.