Reset Windows defender On Windows 10
Windows Defender is the built-in antivirus for Windows devices from Microsoft and it is now known as Microsoft Defender Antivirus. It provides real-time protection against threats like viruses, malware, spyware, etc. Sometimes, the Windows Defender settings on your computer might be causing issues with the other applications. Also, if you had tried to change the settings and misconfigured them, then you might want to Reset Windows Defender.Resetting Windows Defender will restore its settings to default values. Now we‘ll see how to reset Windows Defender on Windows 10
Reset Windows Defender From Control Panel:
- Step 1:On your Windows 10 computer, click the search bar and type Control Panel.
- Step 2:Click on Control Panel from the search result to open it.
- Step 3:In the Control Panel window, change to icon view.
- Step 4:Now, locate and click on Windows Defender Firewall.
- Step 5:In the left side of the window, click the Restore defaults tab.
- Step 6:Click the Restore defaults button in the main window.
- Step 7:You will now see a confirmation dialog box where you have to click the Yes button.
- Step 8:Now, the settings will be restored to defaults and Windows Defender will be reset.
Reset Windows Defender to Default Settings:
- Step 1:On your Windows 10 computer, click the Windows icon.
- Step 2:On the left, click the Settings icon and this will open the Settings window.
- Step 3:Click on Update & Security.
- Step 4:Now, click on Windows Security in the left tab.
- Step 5:In the main window, click the Firewall & network protection icon.
- Step 6:Now, locate the option Restore firewalls to default and click it.
- Step 7:As in the first method, you will see a confirmation dialog window.
- Step 8:Click Yes in the confirmation window and this will Reset Windows Defender on your Windows 10 computer.
- Step 9:You can also reset Windows Defender using the Command Prompt window.
- Step 10:To get remote assistance for resetting Windows Defender on your Windows 10 computer,
Click Call Us button.