You can confirm the presence of aredirect virus on your system when your web browser is redirected to other web sites. So, you have to remove the redirect virus from your computer by performing the instructions mentioned below.
virus Redirect Remover
One of the ways to remove the virus redirect is by using an anti-malware software.
The commonly used anti-malware tools for removing the virus redirect are listed below.
- Zemana AntiMalware Free
- Emsisoft Anti-Malware
How to remove virus redirect
Refer to the context provided below to know how to remove the virus redirect .
METHOD 1 - DELETING MALICIOUS PROGRAMS FROM YOUR WINDOWS COMPUTER
- Step 1:On the Windows 10 computer, type
control panel in the search field.
- Step 2:View the Programs and Features window by clicking the Uninstall a Program option in the Programs section.
- Step 3:After choosing the malicious program from the Program list, click the Uninstall button followed by the Yes button.
METHOD 2 - USING MALWAREBYTES
- Step 1:Use anti-malware software such as Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, Zemana AntiMalware Free to remove virus redirect from the Windows computer.
- Step 2:Refer to the context mentioned below to know how to remove a redirect virus using the Malwarebytes software on the Windows 10 computer.
- Step 3:Download and then install the setup file of the Malwarebytes software on the Windows computer.
- Step 4:Launch the main interface of the Malwarebytes software and then click the Scan Now button.
- Step 5:Wait until the software scans for the malicious program.
- Step 6:Once the scanning is complete, the Threat Scan Results will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 7:Click the Quarantine button at the bottom-right corner of the screen in the Threat Scan Results window.
- Step 8:When you see the Malwarebytes window on the screen, click the Yes button.
- Step 9:Now, the malicious files along with its registry entries will be deleted.
METHOD 3 - RESETTING THE GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER SETTINGS TO THE DEFAULT SETTING
- Step 1:After opening the main window of the Google Chrome web browser on a Windows 10 computer, move the cursor to the three-dot (Menu) icon and click it.
- Step 2:Scroll down the page to find the Advanced button.
- Step 3:Now, navigate to the Reset and Clean Up section.
- Step 4:Click the Restore settings to their original defaults button.
- Step 5:When you see the Reset Settings window, click the Reset Settings button.
How to remove bing virus redirect from mac
The bing redirect virus enters your Mac computer when you install any malicious software. Follow the different ways to get rid of the bing virus redirect on the Mac computer.
QUITTING AND UNINSTALLING THE MALICIOUS PROGRAM FROM THE MAC COMPUTER
- Step 1:First, force stop or quit the malicious program by following the instructions.
- Step 2:Click the Application tab followed by the Utilities option. Select the Activity Monitor option.
- Step 3:Now, you will see all the programs or applications that have been installed on the Mac computer.
- Step 4:Search for the malicious program, select it, and click the Quit Process.
- Step 5:This will stop the program running on the Mac computer.
- Step 6:To uninstall a malicious program, move to the Applications folder by clicking the Application icon.
- Step 7:Select the malicious program and then click the Uninstall button. This will remove the malicious application completely from the Mac computer.
- Step 8:To check any files that have been hidden by the redirect virus, hold the Shift, Command, and Period keys together.
REMOVING VIRUS REDIRECT USING THE CLEANMYMAC X SOFTWARE
- Step 1:You can also use the CleanMYMac X software to clear the virus redirect from the Mac computer.
- Step 2:Download and install the CleanMyMac X software on the Mac computer.
- Step 3:Open the main interface of the CleanMyMac X software.
- Step 4:Click the Malware Removal tab at the left panel of the screen.
- Step 5:After the CleanMyMac software detects the virus, it removes it completely.
REMOVING BING VIRUS REDIRECT FROM THE SAFARI WEB BROWSER
- Step 1:Launch the Safari web browser on the Mac computer.
- Step 2:Select the Preference option from the Safari menu.
- Step 3:Navigate to the Extensions tab.
- Step 4:Search for the suspicious extension in the Extension list, select it and click the Uninstall icon. This will remove the suspicious extension from the Extension list.
- Step 5:To change the search engine on the Mac computer, click the Search tab and change the search engine as per your wish.
Fake google virus redirect
To remove fake Google redirect virus from your computer, refer to the context provided below.
- Step 1:First, you have to use anti-malware software to remove the fake Google virus.
- Step 2:Secondly, clear browsing history and cookies of the web browser.
- Step 3:If the two methods mentioned above did not remove the fake Google virus redirect, carry out the instructions below.
- Step 4:Move to the default web browser on your phone.
- Step 5:After selecting the Menu icon, tap Site SettingsAdvancedAll Sites.
- Step 6:Select the web link and then tap the Clear & Reset button.
Google virus redirect android
Refer to the solutions provided here to remove the Google redirect virus from your Android mobile phone.
SOLUTION 1 - UNINSTALLING THE MALICIOUS APPLICATION FROM THE ANDROID MOBILE PHONE
- Step 1:Tap SettingsApps and then search for suspicious or malicious applications on the Android mobile phone.
- Step 2:Select the malicious application from the Apps list and then tap the Uninstall option.
- Step 3:You can also uninstall unwanted applications that you consider to be suspicious.
- Step 4:Simply dragging the application to the top of the screen and touching uninstall will help to remove the application from the Android mobile phone.
SOLUTION 2 - DELETING WEB BROWSER’S CACHE
- Step 1:After opening the Settings application, tap the Apps & Notifications option.
- Step 2:Select the Google Chrome web browser.
- Step 3:When you see the Storage screen, tap the Clear Cache button below the Chrome icon.
SOLUTION 3 - RESETTING THE ANDROID MOBILE TO THE FACTORY SETTINGS
- Step 1:If you cannot remove the Google redirect virus from the Android mobile phone after following the two solutions mentioned above, reset the Android mobile phone to the factory settings.
- Step 2:Search for the Backup & Reset option in the Settings menu and then tap it.
- Step 3:On the Backup & Reset screen, tap the Factory Data Reset option.
- Step 4:Now, all the settings on the Android mobile phone will be reset to the factory defaults.
How to remove virus that redirects web pages
To remove the virus that redirects web pages, carry out the methods provided here.
- Step 1:Download and install the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
- Step 2:Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software’s main interface.
- Step 3:Click the Settings tab at the left panel of the screen and move to the Protection tab on the main panel.
- Step 4:Navigate to the Scan Options section and then turn on the toggle switch next to the Scan for rootkits option. This will enable rootkit scanning.
- Step 5:Navigate to the Scan tab at the left panel.
- Step 6:When the Select a Scan Method window displays on the screen, you will see three options, namely Threat Scan, Custom Scan, and Hyper Scan.
- Step 7:You are recommended to select the Threat Scan option.
- Step 8:After selecting the Threat Scan option on the main panel, click the Start Scan button. Now, the MBAM software begins to scan the computer.
- Step 9:The scanning process might take a long time. So, you have to wait until the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software completes the scanning process.
- Step 10:From the scanned result, select the viruses that you need to remove.
- Step 11:Click the Remove Selected button to clear all the virus that redirects web pages.
- Step 12:You can also use other anti-malware software such as Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Zemana AntiMalware.
Remove bing virus redirect from chrome
To remove bing redirect virus from the Google Chrome web browser, carry out the step-by-step instructions provided below.
- Step 1:In the Google Chrome web browser, navigate to the Settings option.
- Step 2:In the Settings window, move to the Search Engine section.
- Step 3:To change the default search engine, select the Google Chrome option from the Search Engine drop-down menu.
How to remove yahoo redirect virus on mac
SOLUTION 1 - RESETTING THE MOZILLA FIREFOX WEB BROWSER’S SETTINGS TO THE DEFAULT SETTINGS
- Step 1:Launch the main interface of the Mozilla Firefox web browser on your mac computer.
- Step 2:Move the cursor to the three-line (Menu) icon that is located at the upper-right corner of the screen and then click it.
- Step 3:Select the Help option from the Menu list.
- Step 4:Select the Troubleshooting Information option.
- Step 5:When you see the Troubleshooting Information window on the screen, click the Refresh Firefox button.
- Step 6:When the Refresh Firefox prompt window appears on the screen, click Refresh Firefox.
SOLUTION 2 - REMOVING THE MALICIOUS EXTENSIONS FROM THE SAFARI WEB BROWSER
- Step 1:On the Mac computer’s desktop, click the Safari tab at the top of the screen.
- Step 2:Select the Preferences option from the Safari menu to display the Preferences window on the screen.
- Step 3:In the Preferences window, click the Extensions tab at the upper end of the screen.
- Step 4:Search for the installed malicious applications, select it and click Uninstall to remove the suspicious extensions from the Safari web browser.
- Step 5:Return to the Preferences window.
- Step 6:Click the Search tab that is located at the top of the screen and then select the Safari option from the Search Engine drop-down menu.
SOLUTION 3 - CLEARING HISTORY AND DATA OF THE SAFARI WEB BROWSER
- Step 1:Click the Clear History and Website Data option from the Safari menu.
- Step 2:When you see the prompt window on the screen, select the All History option from the Clear drop-down menu.
- Step 3:Click the Clear History button.