Protonmail Can't Download Attachment
When you receive an email with attachments, but you cannot download them, perform the following troubleshooting steps.
- Step 1:One of the common reasons for this problem is antivirus or firewall software installedon your system. To resolve the problem, launch the antivirus program on your computer and modify the settings to allow information from your email service.
- Step 2:Clear the browsing history if you are accessing your ProtonMail account from a browser.
On web browser
- Step 1:ProtonMail released its latest push to provide a private email service from version 1.16. they implemented encrypted attachments.
- Step 2:Whenever an email with an attachment reaches your ProtonMail account, it will be encrypted. These encrypted attachments are supported in the most recent versions of the Chrome and Firefox browsers only.
- Step 3:Safari does not support encrypted attachments. But, you can right-click the attachment and save the file. However, the file name will not be saved, and it is shown as unknown in the Downloads folder.
- Step 4:In some cases, some of the attachments might have the extensions removed using the Safari browser.
- Step 5:So, it is better to use the Google Chrome or Firefox web browsers to download attachments from your ProtonMail account.
On the mobile phone
- Step 1:If you are accessing your ProtonMail account from an Android mobile phone, log out of your account and log in again.
- Step 2:If necessary, clear the Mail app's cache. For this, launch the Settings app on your Android mobile phone.
- Step 3:Tap the Apps option followed by the App manager option.
- Step 4:Select the ProtonMail app.
- Step 5:Now, tap Storage and select the Clear data option followed by the Clear cache option.
If ProtonMail cannot download attachments even now, you can click the Call button to get help from our technical experts.