Norton security with backup 2020
The Norton Security With Backup 2020 gives automated security for the essential files. It provides a safe, easy-to-use online backup that protects and safeguards the files against the loss, damage, and other infections. The data is backed up online, and then you can recover it at any time.
For setting up a new Norton Backup, you must create an account, activate the Online Backup account and install the Norton Online Backup client on the computer.
How to install norton security with backup
Perform the following steps to install the Norton Security with backup.
- Step 1:First, start with creating the Norton account.
- Step 2:Go to the manufacturer’s site and click the Sign Up option.
- Step 3:Now, on the Sign-in screen, click the Create an Account link.
- Step 4:Enter the email address, password, and other required information.
- Step 6:Finally, click the Create Account button.
- Step 7:Next, set up the Norton Online Backup account.
- Step 8:Log in to the manufacturer’s site with the email address and the password.
- Step 9:Click the Activate button.
- Step 10:Enter the Activation key that was received via email after the purchase of the Norton Online Backup and then click the Continue option.
- Step 11:Proceed to add a computer to the Norton Norton Security With Backup 2020.
- Step 12:Now, click Add computer next to the My Devices option.
- Step 13:Tick tick ‘I have read and agree with the Terms of service’ and then click the Start Download button.
- Step 14:Save the downloaded file in the desired location on the computer.
- Step 15:If you are a Windows user, double-click the NortonOnlineBackup.exe file that has been downloaded.
- Step 16:Mac users, once the download is completed, the Norton Online Backup installer is opened automatically.
- Step 17:Proceed with the on-screen prompts to finish the installation.
- Step 18:Once the installation is done, the new Norton Online Backup page launches in the browser.
- Step 19:Now, click the Continue option to register the PC.
- Step 20:Enter the Norton account email address and the password and then click the Sign in button.
- Step 21:Click the Done button on the Welcome to Norton Online backup page.
- Step 22:Now, start with the configuration process of the Norton Online Backup.
- Step 23:Click the Settings next to the computer icon for what you want to configure the backup settings.
- Step 24:Tick the file categories that you want to backup from the What tab.
- Step 25:Do one of the following under the When tab.
- Step 26:If you want to perform an automated backup, choose Scheduled and then click Automatic from the pull-down list box.
- Step 27:If you want to schedule the backup, choose Schedules and then click Daily, Weekly, or Monthly from the pull-down list box.
- Step 28:If you wish to perform the backup manually, choose Manual.
- Step 29:To choose the speed of the backup, make sure to move the slider on the Other tab.
- Step 30:Once all the settings have been done correctly, click the Save button.
Norton security with backup has stopped working
The following steps can guide you through troubleshooting this issue.
- Step 1:First, go to the Norton Security With Backup 2020 product.
- Step 2:Next, select the Settings option.
- Step 3:Under the Settings tab, click under Detailed and then select Backup settings.
- Step 4:Now, click the Configure button that is located near Manage backup.
- Step 5:On the summary tab, click the Create New Backup.
- Step 6:Enter the name of the new backup that has been set and then click the OK button.
- Step 7:Now, on the What option, select Backup sources and then check the drivers or the My documents folder from where you want to retrieve the files and the folders.
- Step 8:After that, select the file categories from the file types that you want to retrieve.
- Step 9:To add more files, click the Add or Excluder files are folders.
- Step 10:Go to the Where tab and make sure that you have chosen the correct location for storage.
- Step 11:Now, click the Save settings option for confirmation.
- Step 12:Click the Run Backup to begin the process.
- Step 13:Next, make sure to delete the old backup. Open the Norton product.
- Step 14:Now, go to the Settings tab. Click the Backup settings option under the Detailed settings menu.
- Step 15:Search and select the Configure option located near the Manage Backup option.
- Step 16:Go to the Summary tab to find the available options from the pull-down menu.
- Step 17:Select the Backup that you wish to delete. Click the Delete Backup option in the Delete Backup window.
- Step 18:Click Yes once done with the process.
- Step 19:If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the Norton Security With Backup 2020 product.
Norton security backup error
A1001, A1002- Back up or Restore Failed.
- For this error, check the internet connection and then restart the restoration process.
- Ensure that you leave the computer powered on, connected to the internet while performing the backing up process.
A2028- the Previous session connected, but not release.
- Try to restart the backing up process.
A207- temporary error.
- This error indicates the other task performing at the scheduled time.
A2261- Backup failed.
- This error indicates that the backup that was performed before has failed.
- Make sure to buy more storage space.
- Delete or take out the files and folders that are not important from the backup list.
A2266 - Restoring files to the computer fails.
- At times, the Norton Security With Backup 2020 will recognize some errors that stop one or more files from being retrieved.
- On Windows XP, create a new folder and then save the files that have been retrieved.
- On Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista, create a folder where everyone can access and restore the files to the folder.
A2816- the computer firewall blocks or does not allow the backup software from connecting.
- Check the computer’s firewall settings. Modify the settings to enable the online backup run.
A4196- the online backup procedure has been timed out.
- Stop the installation and then proceed to the task manager on the computer and then stop or disable the Norton Online Backup process.
- Go to Program Files. In the Symantec folder, erase the Norton Online Backup folder and its parts.
The Backup has completed with errors; that is, the files could not be backed up.
- The Norton Security With Backup 2020 is not able to back up one or more files as the files are kept open.
- Ensure that the programs and the files are closed before the backup process begins.
- Next, check whether the shared files or folders chosen for backup, are not used by any other network users at the moment.