Step 2:Choose the open button to launch the my norton window.
Step 3:Select securityliveupdate from the main window. Now, liveupdate starts downloading the updates.
Step 4:Select the view summary option under the results if the liveupdate has failed.
Step 5:Click on the more information option under the failed update message on the norton liveupdate summary page.
Follow the on-screen instructions provided on the page to fix the liveupdate errors.
Norton Security liveupdate failed to complete windows 10
The primary cause for the norton liveupdate failure on windows 10 may differ from each circumstance, but it is originated due to internal and external issues.
Carry out these steps to resolve the norton liveupdate failure:
- Step 1:In windows, there is a built-in security application named as windows defender.
- Step 2:To use the norton internet security software, you must disable the windows defender feature before installing the norton setup.
- Step 3:Open the registry editor on windows and go to my computerhkey_local_machinesoftwarepoliciesmicrosoftwindows defender.
- Step 4:Disable the windows defender by selecting the disableantispyware option and entering the value data as 1.
- Step 5:Now, close the registry editor tab and restart your computer.
- Step 6:After restarting your computer, give a right-click on the norton internet security icon and select the run it as administrator option.
- Step 7:Download and install the norton remove and reinstall tool on your computer.
- Step 8:Restart your pc in the advanced menu by tapping the shift button and selecting the restart option on your windows simultaneously.
- Step 9:Select troubleshootadvances optionsstartup settingsrestart.
- Step 10:Select the safe mode and run the norton remove and reinstall tool.
- Step 11:Follow the instructions as provided on the screen to complete the process.
- Step 12:Make sure to update the latest version of norton internet security application.
- Step 13:Also, check for the windows update on your computer and install updates, if any. Rerun norton liveupdate.
If you still have a problem with resolving this issue, contact our technical experts by clicking the call button available on this screen.
Norton live update not working
Follow these steps if norton liveupdate does not work on your computer:
- Step 1:Start the norton application on your computer and check for the release date that is available next to the protection updates tab.
- Step 2:Close norton internet security and rerun the norton liveupdate after a day.
- Step 3:Avail the norton intelligent updater feature to update your virus definitions for norton internet security.
- Step 4:Make sure that you note down your windows version, antivirus name, and its version.
- Step 5:The file will be available in the name of 'nis6avdefinitions.pkg' on the downloads folder after downloading it with the help of norton intelligent update.
- Step 6:Give a double-click on the downloaded file to open it on the desktop.
- Step 7:Click on the yes button to continue with the process and follow the on-screen instructions to fix the issue.
To resolve Norton security live update failed error, contact our technical team by clicking the call button displayed on this screen.