Norton error 8504
You may receive the norton security error code 8504 if you attempt to install the new norton antivirus software when another antivirus/security is installed on your computer or due to incomplete installation of norton security application.Also, when you get the notification to upgrade/update to a newer version and fail to complete the process, you can use the norton remove and reinstall tool to solve this issue.
Norton security error 8504 100 and 8504 104
Follow these steps to resolve the norton error 8504 and 100:
- Step 1:Remove all the previously installed antivirus or security tools on your computer.
- Step 2:Navigate to the start menu and open the run panel or press windows + r shortcut key to launch the run panel.
- Step 3:Type 'appwiz.cpl' in the run panel and press the enter key.
- Step 4:Now, the list of antivirus software or free security tools will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 5:Choose all the applications and uninstall it on your device by following the on-screen instructions.
- Step 6:Restart your computer once the uninstallation process completes.
- Step 7:Now, download the norton remove and reinstall tool from the official norton site.
- Step 8:Navigate to the downloads folder and give a double-click on the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- Step 9:Accept the end user license agreement by clicking the agree button.
- Step 10:Select the advanced options tab and choose the remove only option.
- Step 11:Now, click the remove button and restart your computer device.
- Step 12:Give a right-click on the my computer tab and select managedevice managerdisplay adapters.
- Step 13:Alternatively, you can press windows + r on the keyboard to open the run panel.
- Step 14:Type 'devmgmt.msc' and press the enter key.
- Step 15:Open the display adapters tab and give a right-click on the hd graphics card.
- Step 16:Select the update driver software feature from the drop-down menu.
- Step 17:You can monitor the status of your hd graphics card update by pressing alt + enter shortcut key on the keyboard.
- Step 18:Restart your computer after executing the update process.
- Step 19:Now, launch the norton autofix tool to detect and solve the problem automatically.
Norton security suite has encountered an error 8504 0
Whenever the active program window crashes, or installation/upgrade failure occurs, the norton antivirus will encounter the error code '8504 0' on your system. Carry out these steps to resolve the norton security error '8504 0':
- Step 1:Clear all the data that is linked with error '8504 0' on registry entry.
- Step 2:A complete malware scan on your computer may assist you in solving the norton security error '8504 0'.
- Step 3:Run the 'command prompt' using the 'cleanmgr' command to clean the junk files.
- Step 4:Try updating your device drivers to fix the issues.
- Step 5:Undo the recent changes on your system by using the windows system restore feature.
- Step 6:To perform the windows system restore, navigate to the start menu and type 'system restore' in the search box.
- Step 7:Log in using the administrator password if prompted.
- Step 8:Follow the instructions provided by the system restore wizard and select the restore point to complete the restoration process.
- Step 9:Go to the control panel on your computer, and uninstall and reinstall the norton antivirus programs that are associated with error '8504 0'.
- Step 10:Also, run the windows system file checker to scan and restore the corruptions in the windows system files.
- Step 11:Update your windows to the latest version or clean reinstall the new windows version.
- Step 12:You can get assistance from our technical experts if you are not able to fix the issue.
Norton error 8504 101
The norton error '8504 101' usually occurs when the product fails to install the latest version.This error occurs due to the existed security product, which blocks the installation of the norton product.
Follow these steps to resolve this problem:
- Step 1:First, download the norton remove and reinstall tool from the manufacturer's site.
- Step 2:Press ctrl + j shortcut keys on the keyboard to open the downloads window on your computer.
- Step 3:Give a double click on the nrnr icon to run the installation process.
- Step 4:Click on the agree button after reading the license agreement thoroughly.
- Step 5:Select the advanced options button and choose the remove only.
- Step 6:Select removerestart now.
- Step 7:Now, follow the instructions provided by the norton security to reinstall the norton software.
- Step 8:If the problem remains unresolved, then proceed with the below-mentioned steps to uninstall or remove the product which is not related to symantec security software.
- Step 9:Press the windows + r shortcut key on the keyboard to open the run panel.
- Step 10:Type 'appwiz.cpl' and press the return key.
- Step 11:Choose the non-symantec security applications from the list of recently installed programs.
- Step 12:Now, follow the on-screen commands to complete the uninstallation process.
- Step 13:Finally, restart your pc.
Norton error 8504 102
If you get norton security error '8504 102', then try the following methods:
- Step 1:Uninstall and reinstall the norton antivirus software.
- Step 2:Restore the system using the windows system restore.
- Step 3:Execute a deep scan on your computer.
Carry out these steps to uninstall and reinstall the norton on your system:
- Step 1:Open windows desktop and give a right-click on the start menu.
- Step 2:Choose the programs and features option.
- Step 3:Locate the norton error in the system and position the norton antivirus under the name column.
- Step 4:Choose the entries that are related to norton antivirus and select uninstall/change.
- Step 5:Proceed with the on-screen instructions. Check if the error 8504 102 has been cleared.
If you still have a problem with resolving the Norton error 8504, contact our technical team by clicking the call button displayed on this screen.