Norton Remove And Reinstall For Mac
The Norton Remove and Reinstall tool will assist in removing and then installing a new copy of the Norton antivirus application on your Windows or Mac device. Using this removal tool will make sure that no remnants of your previous installation are left behind, as this could lead to Norton being stuck later.
We will now be showing the steps to download the Norton Remove And Reinstall tool for Mac.
- Step 1:Turn on your Mac computer.
- Step 2:Open the Safari browser.
- Step 3:Log in to your Mac using the admin account.
- Step 4:Enter the URL for the Official Norton support page.
- Step 5:Search for the RemoveNortonMacFiles tool on the support page.
- Step 6:Click on the Download button for the file RemoveNortonMacFiles.zip.
- Step 7:The download for the RemoveNortonMacFiles tool will take place.
Once the download is done, follow the steps to run the installation.
- Step 1:Open the Dock on your Mac computer.
- Step 2:Click the Finder icon.
- Step 3:Click the Downloads option under the Favorites section on the left.
- Step 4:Since you have downloaded using the built-in Safari browser, you can directly open the RemoveNortonMacFiles folder.
- Step 5:You will now have to do a Control+click on the RemoveNortonMacFiles.command file.
- Step 6:Select the Open With option and select Terminal (Default).
- Step 7:The Terminal window will open. Press the Return button and this will open the Applications folder.
- Step 8:Select the Norton product in the Application folder, then drag and drop the Norton product to Trash.
- Step 9:Type the admin password for Mac when asked and click the OK button.
- Step 10:In Norton Installer, click the Uninstall button.
- Step 11:When the uninstallation is complete, open the RemoveNortonMacFiles.command file in the Terminal window.
- Step 12:Type the admin password and press the Return button.
- Step 13:Now, you have to type 1 to remove all the Norton files and folders from your Mac.
- Step 14:Press the Return button.
Restart your Mac computer and this will remove Norton from your Mac. Later on, you can install the latest Norton product of your choice.