Norton Antivirus Not Working After Windows 10 Update
Norton Antivirus is the best computer security software that is available in the market. Compared to other security software, Norton is most popular and is used on both Windows and Mac computers. With Norton Antivirus, you are open to a lot of features like email protection, online security from hackers, and other sources of attacks online.At times, the Norton antivirus would stop working when you have upgraded your Windows operating system, thus making it open for attacks and adware to be installed on the computer.Such errors usually do not happen on a regular basis, but many users have complained about how the Windows 10 update causes the issue --- Norton not working.In this article, we will be providing the solutions to get rid of the problem of Norton Not working after Windows 10 update.
Method 1: Norton Fix Tool
You can download the Norton Fix tool from the official Norton support page.
- Step 1:Once the download is complete, begin the installation of the file.
- Step 2:Click the checkbox for the option Usage Agreement.
- Step 3:Follow the on-screen commands and complete the installation.
- Step 4:Click the Next button and check for errors.
Method 2: Update Norton
- Step 1:Sign in to your Norton account.
- Step 2:Navigate to the Device Security page and select the device.
- Step 3:Click the Update button located right next to the Norton product.
- Step 4:The virus update will be complete and the installation will be complete as well.
Another way to update the Norton antivirus is from the Notification area on your Windows 10 computer.
- Step 1:Perform a right-click on the Norton Antivirus application.
- Step 2:Click the Update button and complete the installation.
Method 3: Norton Remove And Reinstall Tool
- Step 1:Open the default browser on your computer.
- Step 2:Enter the official Norton URL in the address bar and press the Enter button.
- Step 3:Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Step 4:Perform a double-click on the downloaded .exe file to proceed with the installation.
- Step 5:When the installation begins, agree to the license agreement.
- Step 6:The Norton Remove and Reinstall tool will detect the Norton Antivirus application installed on your Windows 10 computer.
- Step 7:Click the Remove & Reinstall button.
- Step 8:Click the Remove button.
- Step 9:The Norton antivirus application will be removed from the computer.
- Step 10:Restart the computer.
- Step 11:Once the computer turns on, perform a double-click on the Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Step 12:Select the Continue button; follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Step 13:Restart the computer again and you will have solved Norton antivirus issues on Windows 10.
Method 4: Close Apps And Restart Computer
If your Windows 10 computer is turned on, the first thing to do is close all the running applications.
- Step 1:Press the shortcut keys (Ctrl + Alt + Del).
- Step 2:You will see a blue Windows screen with a series of options. Perform a click on the Task Manager option.
- Step 3:When the Task Manager window opens, select each application and click the End Task button.
- Step 4:Once you have all the applications closed, you can restart your computer.
Method 5: Disable Windows Defender
- Step 1:Click the Windows (Start) option.
- Step 2:Click the Settings icon on the left.
- Step 3:The Settings window will now open.
- Step 4:Click the Update & Security option.
- Step 5:Select the Windows Security option and then select the option Virus & threat protection.
- Step 6:Click either Manage Settings or Virus & Threat protection settings.
- Step 7:Make sure to turn the option for Real-time protection to Off.