Norton Internet Security Not Starting
The major causes for Norton internet security not starting issues are running an obsolete version of the software on your device, corrupt setup file, malware issues, and unmet system requirements. To resolve this issue, try restarting your device and recheck the norton internet security software. For more solutions, read through the topics below.
Norton internet security Is not starting windows 10
If your norton internet security does not start on windows 10, follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Step 1:Open your windows desktop and give a right-click on the norton antivirus application.
- Step 2:Select the properties option and check if there are any errors with the program.
- Step 3:Attempt to fix the issue causing the error.
- Step 4:If there are no errors, navigate to the control panel.
- Step 5:Select the 'add/remove' programs tab and uninstall the norton application on your device.
- Step 6:Reinstall the latest version of norton internet security from the official site.
- Step 7:Alternatively, download and install the norton remove and reinstall tool on windows 10.
- Step 8:Press windows + j shortcut key to open the downloads folder on windows 10.
- Step 9:Give a double-click the nrnr icon to open the setup file.
- Step 10:Click on the agree button after reading the license agreement.
- Step 11:Select the remove and reinstall option. Choose continue or remove and select the restart now option to remove all the existing norton products from your device.
- Step 12:The system will restart. Follow the prompts on the screen to reinstall norton internet security.
Norton internet security scan not starting
Carry out these steps to resolve the scan problems with norton internet security:
- Step 1:First, exit all the running programs and restart the computer.
- Step 2:If the issue persists, try running liveupdate.
- Step 3:Click the liveupdate option under device security in the norton main window. Wait until the update process completes.
- Step 4:Now, restart your computer after closing all the running applications.
- Step 6:The file will be downloaded as 'nis6avdefinitions.pkg' in the downloads folder.
- Step 7:Open the file and follow the on-screen instructions to solve the scanning issues.
- Step 8:Alternatively, run the norton remove and reinstall tool on your computer to fix the issues.
- Step 9:If you still have a problem with resolving the Norton internet security not starting issues, contact our technical experts.