How To Fix Norton Antivirus Error 550?
How to fix Norton Antivirus Error 550?
This error occurs due to incompatible programs running at the same time, and this error is also called a runtime error. This runtime error happens because of several reasons like memory problems, virus infection, bad graphics drivers, etc. However, you should resolve the problem at the earliest to avoid more complications.
Resolve the conflicting programs
Whenever you encounter a problem like the Norton antivirus error 550, the first thing that comes to your mind is programs that are conflicting with each other. To fix this issue, follow these steps.
- Step 1:Press the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys simultaneously to open the Task Manager so that you can see the list of programs that are currently running.
- Step 2:Click the Processes tab and then stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program and clicking the End task button. Now, you can see which program creates the issue.
- Step 3:Once the program that causes the error is found, you can remove it from your computer and check if the Norton antivirus error 550 appears again.
Uninstall using Control Panel
Click on the Start button-> Control Panel->Uninstall a program.
Click on the Start button->More Settings-> Control Panel > Uninstall a program.
Open Control Panel and select the program. Then, click on Uninstall a program.
- Step 1:A runtime error might occur because of very low free space on your system.
- Step 2:Back up all the files on your hard drive so that your system gets enough space.
- Step 3:Clear caches and reboot your system.
- Step 4:Disk Cleanup can be done in another way:
- Step 5:Open your Explorer window and right-click your main directory, which is C: drive.
- Step 6:Click on Properties->Disk Cleanup.
Graphic driver problem
If the error still pops up, check the graphic driver.
- Step 1:Open Device Manager and look for the graphics driver option.
- Step 2:Once found, right-click on the video card driver and then click Uninstall.
- Step 3:After uninstalling, restart your system.
Once you have completed executing the above procedures, the Norton antivirus error 550 should get fixed.