Norton Antivirus Live Update Not Working
Norton Antivirus is a security application that protects your device from unknown threats. Updating it makes your device more secure compared to using the obsolete version. Is your Norton LiveUpdate feature failing? Then try manually updating your Norton product. Also, check if your Norton product is blocked by malware or unknown threats. Here's to fix the Norton Antivirus Live update not working.
Carry out these steps to manually update the Norton Antivirus software:
- Step 1:On your PC, launch the Norton Antivirus software by clicking the Norton icon in the system tray.
- Step 2:In the Norton Antivirus window, click the Open button near Device Security.
- Step 3:In the main interface, give a double-click on the Security tab and select the LiveUpdate option.
- Step 4:Wait until the Norton LiveUpdate completes the update process.
- Step 5:Once it finishes the update, click the OK button.
- Step 6:Next, run the LiveUpdate until your Norton Antivirus displays the “Your Norton product has the latest protection updates” message.
- Step 7:Finally, close all the running programs and reboot your PC.
- Step 8:If you aren’t able to run the Norton LiveUpdate manually, remove and reinstall the Norton Antivirus software on your computer.
- Step 9:Follow these steps we can execute to fix the Norton Antivirus Live update not working.
Carry out these steps to remove and reinstall Norton product on your PC:
- Step 1:If you have the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool, remove the Norton product on your PC using the removal tool.
- Step 2:Otherwise, download the removal tool from the official Norton site.
- Step 3:After downloading the removal tool, navigate to the Downloads folder and give a double-click on the NRnR icon.
- Step 4:Agree to the EULA by clicking the Agree button and proceed with the process.
- Step 5:Click the Remove & Reinstall button, followed by Continue.
- Step 6:After completing the removal process, click the Restart Now button.
- Step 7:After restarting your PC, reinstall the Norton Antivirus.
- Step 8:Make sure that you have downloaded a compatible version of the antivirus software to avoid compatibility issues in the future.
- Step 9:By using these steps we can execute to fix the Norton Antivirus Live update not working.