Mcafee Update Problem 2019
The Mcafee is an antivirus application formerly known as Mcafee associates. It was purchased by Intel and now is a part of the Intel security division. The McAfee primarily develops digital security tools for personal computers and service devices. The McAfee brand includes sub-products like and solve the Mcafee update problem 2019,
- Mcafee Business Server
- Mcafee Virus scan
- Mcafee SiteAdvisor
In the Mcafee 2019 version, the users have started facing an update error with the message reading,“McAfee cannot update your software. Please check your internet connection. If the problem continues, please contact Technical support.”
The cause of the error is because of the Corrupt Entry ion the Window registry.
There are some troubleshooting steps to resolve the update error,
- Step 1:Open the web browser on your computer.
- Step 2:In the address bar of the browser, search for the Verizon McAfee website.
- Step 3:Locate the Mcafee virtual technician option.
- Step 4: Click the next button to begin with, the download.
- Step 5: When the computer prompts you to begin the download, click the Run button in windows that appear.
- Step 6:It will open the permission window, click on I agree to allow the Mcafee Virtual Technician (MVT) to scan your system.
If the Virtual Technician fails to detect the error follow the steps given below,
- Step 1: Type Windows Registry and hit Enter in the run command prompt.
- Step 2: Once the window opens, enter the following commands one by one and hit the Enter button,
- Step 3:cd\
- Step 4:cd program files
- Step 5:cd McAfee
- Step 6:cd msc
- Step 7:cd mcsubmgr
- Step 8:dir /b
- Step 9: Look at the value returned from the last command and make use of the cd command and to change the directory.
- Step 10: You will see the value returned as 11,0,669,0. Type
- Step 11: cd 11,0,669,0 and hit Enter.
- Step 12: Type the commandregsvr32/u mcsubmgr.dll and hit enter.
- Step 13: Now, type the command regsvr32 mcsubmgr.dll and hit the Enter button.
- Step 14: Close the command prompt window.
- Step 15: Click on the M icon on the taskbar and check for updates.
The above procedure will resolve the Mcafee update problem 2019 error issue.