Mcafee Antivirus Plus Firewall
The McAfee Antivirus Plus firewall initiates a block between the computer and the internet, silently watching the internet traffic for doubtful activities. This firewall gives a full inbound and outbound security. It can also block the spyware, trojans, and key loggers. The McAfee antivirus plus consists of a personal firewall and provides you with advanced protection. It can also defend the hacker probes and alerts the user for a belligerent event that gives a brief information regarding internet traffic. The firewall also features intelligent access management for programs, advanced trojan detection, restore firewall, etc.
MCAFEE ANTIVIRUS PLUS FIREWALL'S SETTINGS
Perform the following steps to configure the McAfee antivirus plus firewall settings.
- Step 1:First, double-click the McAfee antivirus Plus icon in the Windows System tray.
- Step 2:Next, choose the Personal Firewall Plus. Now, choose “View the Internet Application list.”
- Step 3:In case the CTI Navigator. exe is displayed, then make sure to highlight it. Under the Change Permission To tab, choose Allow Full Access and then click the OK button.
- Step 4:In case the CTI Navigator.exe is not displayed, Click the New Allowed Application option.
- Step 5:Go to the Program Files folder. Next, double-click the CTI Navigator.exe and click the Open button.
- Step 6:Check whether the Permissions Status is set to ‘Allow Full Access’.
- Step 7:Verify all the settings and click the OK button.
MCAFEE ANTIVIRUS PLUS DISABLE FIREWALL
The following steps can help you to disable the McAfee Antivirus Firewall.
- Step 1:First, launch the McAfee Antivirus Firewall.
- Step 2:Next, on the home page, click the PC Security option or the Gear icon that is at the top-right corner of the window.
- Step 3:On the next screen, click the Firewall tab.
- Step 4:Finally, click the Turn off toggle button to disable the McAfee Antivirus Plus firewall.
MCAFEE ANTIVIRUS PLUS FIREWALL'S BLOCKING WEBSITES
Proceed with the following steps to troubleshoot this issue.
- Step 1:First, right-click the McAfee Antivirus Plus icon in the system tray on the computer.
- Step 2:Choose Open McAfee Antivirus to launch the McAfee home screen.
- Step 3:Next, click the Parental Control tab on the main screen and then click the Edit button.
- Step 4:Now, enter the Administrator password of the computer and then press the Enter key.
- Step 5:Click the Settings tab and click the arrow button to expand the menu.
- Step 6:Click the Optional Settings tab to open the Optional Settings page.
- Step 7:Type the address of the website that you wish to unblock in the Website Address field.
- Step 8:Click the Allow button to access the website and then add it to the permanent list by clicking the Add button.
- Step 9:Finally, click the Done button once completed with the settings.
MCAFEE ANTIVIRUS PLUS FIREWALL'S TURN OFF
To turn off the McAfee Antivirus Plus Firewall feature, proceed with the steps mentioned below.
- Step 1:Launch the McAfee Antivirus Firewall software.
- Step 2:Select the PC Security option, Mac Security option, or gear icon.
- Step 3:Select the Firewall option followed by the Turn Off option to disable the firewall feature.
MCAFEE ANTIVIRUS PLUS FIREWALL'S EXCEPTIONS
To add or create McAfee exception list, proceed with the guidelines given below.
- Step 1:Navigate to the Windows taskbar and then select the McAfee icon.
- Step 2:Click Change SettingsFirewallInternet Connections for Program.
- Step 3:Select the program or application that you need to add to the exception list and then click the Edit button.
- Step 4:If you cannot see the program, select Add followed by Browse to search for the program.
- Step 5:Navigate to the Access section. Select either the Incoming and Outgoing or Outgoing option.
- Step 6:Choose the Use Designated Ports, Open Ports to Home and Work Networks, or Open to all Devices option in the specified drop-down list.
- Step 7:Click the radio button next to the Off option in the Net Guard section.
- Step 8:Select Save after changing the required settings.
MCAFEE ANTIVIRUS PLUS FIREWALL'S KEEPS TURNING OFF
- Step 1:If the Windows firewall is turned on, it will block the third-party antivirus like McAfee Antivirus Plus.
- Step 2:So, try to turn off the Windows Firewall feature on your computer.
To know how to turn off the Windows Firewall feature, proceed with the following steps.
- Step 3:Launch the Control Panel window by searching for the Control Panel option.
- Step 4:Find the Windows Firewall option and select it.
- Step 5:Now, click the Turn Windows Firewall On or Off option followed by the Turn Off Windows Firewall option.
- Step 6:If you are not able to resolve the ‘McAfee Antivirus Plus keeps turning off’ problem even after performing the steps mentioned above, install and run the McAfee Virtual Tool on your computer.
- Step 7:This will repair any problem related to the McAfee Antivirus Plus Firewall program.