Mcafee Antivirus Plus Software
The McAfee Antivirus plus software can access your computer from a remote place to delete and remove all the viruses that it finds. It features cloud-based threat scanning that keeps the computer secure. It also protects prevents the ransomware from attacking the computer and makes the computer work at the same speed. It has an option called Sidestep that acts as a protecting feature by giving accurate warnings of the high-risk websites, link, and all the files on the computer before the attack.
Is Mcafee Antivirus Plus Good
The McAfee Antivirus Plus does a proper job of keeping the computer safe, and is also fast, powerful, and easy to use. One time subscription for McAfee Antivirus plus can secure Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS devices. This allows you to run a full scan for the whole system and a quick scan for the recently visited malware. This also helps your browser to direct out from high-risk websites. It can also block or disable access to risky sites and can disable dangerous downloads. The Firewall settings can automatically manage internet permissions for the programs.
Mcafee Antivirus Plus Features
The McAfee antivirus plus consists of features such as McAfee Active protection which can recognize the quarantines and disable viruses and malware. Then, it is the Global Threat intelligence utilizes real-time protection from the recent threats that are gathered from more than 100 million McAfee users by an aggregator that will merge and classify the threat alert information into practical facts. Netguard is a two-way Firewall system that watches and disables the traffic on your computer. It also prevents connection with unsure servers and the available botnets. The Network Manager can watch the home Wi-Fi network.
How To Install Mcafee Antivirus Plus With Product Key?
Perform the steps below to install the McAfee Antivirus plus using the product key.
- Step 1:Unpack the product and find the setup guide which includes the product key.
- Step 2:Now, launch a new web browser and go to the manufacturer’s website.
- Step 3:Choose the Country and the type of activation for the product key.
- Step 4:You will be prompted to register.
- Step 5:Click the Register Now button and then key in the required credentials.
- Step 6:Now, enter the 25 digit product key and then click the Submit button.
- Step 7:Next, select My Account and then click the Subscription option to download the McAfee Antivirus Plus you have bought and activated.
- Step 8:After the download is done, proceed with the on-screen prompts to install and setup the McAfee product.
- Step 9:Once the installation process is done, restart the device and update the McAfee protection.
How To Pause Mcafee Antivirus Plus?
Perform the following steps to pause the McAfee Antivirus Plus.
- Step 1:To block Real-time scanning, first, right-click the McAfee icon at the bottom of the desktop.
- Step 2:Next, choose the Change Settings option and then click the Real-time Scanning option under the menu.
- Step 3:In the Real-Time Scanning Status window, slide the Turn off button.
- Step 4:Now, specify the time when you want to resume the Real-time Scanning.
- Step 5:Select I restart my PC from the pull-down menu.
- Step 6:Next, click the Turn off button to save the selection.
- Step 7:Now, to disable the McAfee firewall, right-click the McAfee icon on the desktop.
- Step 8:Again, choose the Change Settings option and then click the Firewall option from the menu.
- Step 9:In the Firewall window, slide the toggle button to turn of the Settings.
- Step 10:Set the timing to turn on the Firewall back.
- Step 11:Choose When I restart my PC from the drop-down menu.
- Step 12:Now, click the Turn off the option to save the settings on the Mcafee antivirus plus software.
Mcafee Antivirus Plus Firewall
Proceed with the steps below to enable and disable the Firewall.
- Step 1:First, to disable the Firewall, launch the McAfee Antivirus Plus software.
- Step 2:Click the PC Security option or the Gear icon.
- Step 3:Next, click the Firewall option and then click the Turn off Toggle button.
- Step 4:Next, to enable the Firewall button, click the Firewall option, and then click the toggle button to turn on the Firewall.
How To Add Exceptions To Mcafee Antivirus Plus?
Perform the following steps to add exceptions to McAfee Antivirus Plus.
- Step 1:In the search bar of the main window, enter the VirusScan Console and then hit Enter.
- Step 2:Next, right-click the On-Access Scanner under the left window pane and then choose Properties.
- Step 3:Next, click All Processes, Detection, Exclusions, and then choose the Exclusions tab.
- Step 4:After that, click the Add button and then click the Browse button.
- Step 5:Now, choose the folder that you want to add as an exception.
- Step 6:Next, in the Add Exclusions Item prompt box, click the OK button.
- Step 7:In the Set Exclusions dialogue box, click the OK button.
- Step 8:On the On-Demand scan properties screen, click the Apply option. Click OK to apply the settings that you have changed.
How To Disable Mcafee Antivirus Plus?
- Step 1:Go to the search bar available near the Start menu and find the McAfee software.
- Step 2:Double-click to open it on your system and go to the PS Security tab.
- Step 3:Select the Real-Time Scanning option from the home screen and click the Turn Off button on the next screen.
- Step 4:From the Drop-Down list, select the time duration and tap Turn Off.
- Step 5:Next, choose the Firewall option from the main screen. Select a duration from the menu and click the Turn Off button.
- Step 6:Similarly, you have to disable the Automatic Update option and the Scheduled Scans feature in the next step.
- Step 7:Once you disable all the four options, McAfee will be temporarily disabled on your system.
How To Remove Mcafee Antivirus Plus?
- Step 1:You can remove the McAfee software from the All Programs menu available on your system.
- Step 2:From the Windows menu, select the All programs option.
- Step 3:Find the McAfee Antivirus Plus software and right-click on it. Choose the Uninstall option.
- Step 4:Else, right-click on the Windows icon and select the Programs and Features option.
- Step 5:Search for the McAfee Antivirus Plus software from the list displayed and click on it.
- Step 6:Tap the Uninstall/Change option available displayed in the top part of the screen.
- Step 7:Click the Uninstall button in the next window that appears and wait till it is uninstalled the Mcafee antivirus plus software.
How To Renew Mcafee Antivirus Plus With Key?
- Step 1:Visit the manufacturer’s site in the first step of the renewal procedure.
- Step 2:Select the My Account option and then choose the Sign In option.
- Step 3:Key in the registered email address and password for your McAfee account.
- Step 4:Tap the Log In button and select the subscription you wish to renew under the My Account menu.
- Step 5:Click the Renew button and specify the correct product key in the respective textbox.
- Step 6:Make use of the prompts displayed on your screen to complete the renewal process.
- Step 7:Mention the billing details in the final step if required. The renewal process is now complete.
How To Temporarily Disable Mcafee Antivirus Plus?
- Step 1:First, tap the McAfee icon available in the top part of the home screen.
- Step 2:Open the Antivirus Plus console on your Mac system and go to the Home tab.
- Step 3:Tap the Settings icon from the top-left corner of the screen and select the Real-Time Scanning option.
- Step 4:Next, click the Lock icon and key in the administrator password. Turn off the feature.
- Step 5:Follow the same process for the Firewall, Automatic Updates, and the Scheduled Scans feature.
- Step 6:For Scheduled scans, make sure you choose the duration from the drop-down menu.
- Step 7:After disabling the above-mentioned features, you have to select the McAfee SiteAdvisor option.
- Step 8:Disable the McAfee SiteAdvisor option and enter the administrator password to complete the process successfully.
How To Reinstall Mcafee Antivirus Plus?
- Step 1:To re-install the McAfee Antivirus on your system, you have to uninstall it.
- Step 2:To do so, navigate to Control Panel and choose the Add or Remove Programs option.
- Step 3:Select the McAfee Antivirus Plus file from the list and click the Uninstall option.
- Step 4:Once the uninstall process is over, you have to visit the official site.
- Step 5:Key in the OS Version and tap the McAfee Antivirus Plus Download button on the Results page.
- Step 6:Install the Antivirus software by double-clicking on the downloaded file.
- Step 7:Read through the prompts displayed and finish the installation process successfully.
- Step 8:You have now successfully re-installed the McAfee Antivirus Plus software.
How To Activate Mcafee Antivirus Plus?
- Step 1:You can activate the McAfee Antivirus Plus software using a retail card also.
- Step 2:Follow the procedure stated below to activate your subscription.
- Step 3:Navigate to the activation page mentioned by the manufacturer on the retail card.
- Step 4:Choose your Country and Language from the next page and check if your region is correct before proceeding with the succeeding steps.
- Step 5:Key in the activation code specified in your retail card in the correct textbox.
- Step 6:Mention the registered email address and wait till the verification process is complete.
- Step 7:If you have misspelled the email address, then you can make use of the Edit option to change it.
- Step 8:Your subscription will now be activated.
Uninstall Mcafee Antivirus Plus
- Step 1:You can uninstall the McAfee Antivirus Plus software using the removal tool provided by the manufacturer.
- Step 2:Download the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool on your system and double-click on the MCPR.exe file to begin the installation process.
- Step 3:On the Security Warning screen, tap the Yes button.
- Step 4:Tap Next and comply with the End User License Agreement to proceed to the next step.
- Step 5:Type the characters displayed in the Security Validation screen correctly and click the Next button.
- Step 6:Once the uninstall procedure is over, click the Restart button available in the Removal Complete window.
- Step 7:After the computer turns on, Mcafee antivirus plus software will be uninstalled completely.