Linux Usb Antivirus Scanner
It is quite common for a Windows computer to be infected by a virus. In most cases, the viruses that are seen in the Windows OS are more harmful than any other viruses. There are different types of antivirus software available for Windows. Each antivirus software performs the virus detection and removal process differently. This section will help you about Linux Usb Antivirus Scanner.
Check if you have following requirements to run the Linux Live CD/USB software:
Step 1: Install IMGBurn or use unet
- Step 1:Download IMGBurn from its official site.
- Step 2:After downloading IMGBurn, run it on your Windows computer.
- Step 3:Now, insert a blank DVD into your computer’s DVD tray.
- Step 4:Choose the Write image file to disc option.
- Step 5:Select the downloaded Linux ISO file followed by write speed x2.
- Step 6:Write the file on the DVD.
- Step 7:Make sure to restart your Windows computer.
- Step 8:Press either F12 or F9 button when your computer starts to boot up.
- Step 9:On the boot selection screen, select the CD/DVD option.
- Step 10:Press the Enter button on your computer’s keyboard.
- Step 11:Choose the Default or Live option as the instance type.
- Step 12:Follow these steps to use Linux Usb Antivirus Scanner.
- Step 1:If you’re unable to install IMBurn, then you can use UNETBOOTIN.
- Step 2:Use ISO image to browse and download your ISO.
- Step 3:Connect your USB drive to the computer.
- Step 4:Make sure that the USB drive you are using is empty.
- Step 5:If not, format your USB drive and click the OK button.
- Step 6:Launch the ISO program.
- Step 7:Select your drive on the program screen.
- Step 8:To know your drive letter, go to the My Computer section, and note it down.
- Step 9:Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Step 10:After the installation process, reboot your computer into the live system by referring to the instructions mentioned above.
- Step 11:Use this procedures to use Linux Usb Antivirus Scanner.
Step 2: Install ClamAV (for Ubuntu users)
- Step 1:Now, after booting into Linux Live environment, download and install the ClamAV antivirus software. The steps are as follows.
- Step 2:From your computer’s web browser, download the ClamAV antivirus software from its official site.
- Step 3:After downloading the antivirus software, perform the installation process.
- Step 4:Now, launch the terminal window on your Linux computer by pressing the buttons Ctrl + Alt + T.
- Step 5:In the terminal window, type the command mentioned below:
- Step 6:sudo apt-get install clamav
- Step 7:Tap the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Step 8:Now, the Clamav antivirus software installation process will be initiated.
- Step 9:Once it is installed, check if there is a GUI for the application.
- Step 10:If not, download a GUI for the application.
- Step 11:Navigate to the Ubuntu Software Center.
- Step 12:Select the .DEB package from the list of products.
- Step 13:Click the Download button.
- Step 14:After downloading the file, open it and perform the installation.
- Step 15:Once you have installed it, perform the scan operation on your Linux computer.
- Step 16:Perform these steps to use Linux Usb Antivirus Scanner.
Step 3: Scanning your Linux OS using ClamAV
- Step 1:Launch the ClamAV antivirus software from the installed directory or using a terminal window.
- Step 2:Using the terminal window: Open the Terminal window and run the clamtk command.
- Step 3:Now, the antivirus scanner window will open up.
- Step 4:Different scanning methods will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 5:Choose any one of the scanning methods from the displayed list.
- Step 6:As soon as you select the scan method, you will be asked to select a single file or directory to perform the scan operation.
- Step 7:Select the file location or path as per your desire.
- Step 8:Otherwise, type the file path in the search field.
- Step 9:Click the OK button.
- Step 10:Now, the antivirus software will start to scan the selected location.
- Step 11:If any threats are found during the scanning process, then the antivirus software immediately notifies you about it and will suggest you the steps to resolve it.
If you need a remote assistance to use Linux Usb Antivirus Scanner. Click the call button available on the screen.