KASPERSKY FIREWALL ANTIVIRUS
Kaspersky firewall Antivirus constantly monitors the connection requests that originate from outside and within the computer. If the request is found to originate from an untrusted application or service, it is blocked by the application.
KASPERSKY FIREWALL CONFIGURATION
Follow these guidelines to configure the Kaspersky firewall on your computer.
CHANGING THE NETWORK STATUS
- Step 1:Launch Kaspersky on your computer and wait until it initializes.
- Step 2:Click the Protection Center button to enable/disable/configure the firewall components among other settings.
- Step 3:Click the Firewall button and then toggle the Firewall switch on.
- Step 4:Make sure that the security options, such as ‘Allow connection on random ports for active FTP mode,’ ‘Do not disable Firewall until the operating system stops completely,’ and ‘Block network connections if the user cannot be prompted for actions’ are checked or selected.
- Step 5:Select the Networks link in the Kaspersky Firewall Antivirus Settings window.
- Step 6:Choose and right-click the network that you want to make changes, select the Public Network, Local Network, or Trusted Network option.
- Step 7:Click the Edit button at the left corner of the screen.
- Step 8:After configuring the firewall settings in the Kaspersky software, select the Edit button, and then close the Manage Network window.
BLOCKING THE INTERNET ACCESS USING FIREWALL
- Go to the Protection tab in the Settings window, turn on the toggle switch beside the Firewall link, and then click it.
- Step 2:Click the Configure Application Rules link to open the Application Network Rules window.
- Step 3:Right-click the Kaspersky software and then select the Details and Rules option.
- Step 4:When the Application Rules window opens, select the Network Rules tab and click Add.
- Step 5:When you see the Network Rule window, select the Block option from the Action drop-down menu.
- Step 6:Select the Web-browsing option from the Name drop-down list.
- Step 7:Make sure to checkmark the box next to the Log Events option.
- Step 8:Select the Save button twice to save the network rule details.
CONFIGURING PACKET RULES
- Step 1:In the Firewall Settings window, click the Configure Packet link to open the Packet Rules window. Select Add.
- Step 2:Select the Block option from the Action drop-down menu.
- Step 3:Make sure to mention the rule name in the appropriate field.
- Step 4:In the Direction field, click the Inbound option.
- Step 5:Go to the Protocol section, and set the protocol type as per your need.
- Step 6:Select the Any Address, Subnet Addresses, or Addresses from the Address drop-down menu.
- Step 7:Choose the rule status as either Active or Inactive in the Status drop-down list.
- Step 8:Put the tickmark next to the Log Events option’s box.
- Step 9:After configuring the packet rules setting, select the Save button at the lower end of the screen.
KASPERSKY PURE FIREWALL EXCEPTIONS
- Step 1:Open the main interface of the Kaspersky Pure software.
- Step 2:Select the Settings or gear icon at the top of the screen to open the Settings window.
- Step 3:Select the Protection tab and then click the Threats and Exclusions option on the left-hand of the screen.
- Step 4:On the main panel of the screen, select the Settings button.
- Step 5:In the Trusted Zone window, click the Exclusion Rules tab and select the Add button.
- Step 6:When you see the Exclusion Rule window, go to the Properties field and select the File or Folder option.
- Step 7:Make sure to remove the checkmark the box next to the Object Name option in the Properties field.
- Step 8:Click the File or Folder link and then browse for the file or folder name by clicking the Browse button.
- Step 9:In the File or Folder window, make sure to checkmark the box next to the Include Subfolders option.
- Step 10:Click OK and then select the Object Name option from the Properties drop-down menu.
- Step 11:Click the Enter Object Name link. After mentioning the object name in the Object Name window, click OK.
- Step 12:Go to the Protection Component section and select any one of the components as per your requirement.
- Step 13:Select the OK button to close the Exclusion window.
- Step 14:Navigate to the Trusted Zone window, select OK.
FIREWALL AND NETWORK PROTECTION ACTION NEEDED IN KASPERSKY
When you get the ‘Firewall and Network protection action needed in Kaspersky’ error on the Windows Defender software screen, follow the troubleshooting instructions to resolve it.
- Step 1:The first step you need to do to resolve the problem is to update the Kaspersky software to the recent version.
- Step 2:You are also recommended to update the Windows Defender software to the latest version.
- Step 3:When you are not able to resolve the Kaspersky software problem, contact our technical support team member for assistance.
HOW TO CHANGE FIREWALL SETTINGS KASPERSKY
- After opening the Kaspersky software, select Protection, click Firewall, and turn it on to open the Firewall Settings window.
- Step 2:Select Networks, Configure application rules, or Configure packet rules link.
- Step 3:When you click the Configure Application Rules link to block the internet access using the firewall settings.
- Step 4:Choose your Kaspersky software that you need to block from internet access in the Applications window. This will block internet access using the firewall settings.
HOW TO TURN OFF KASPERSKY FIREWALL
- Step 1:On your Windows computer, launch the main window of the Kaspersky Internet Security software.
- Step 2:To know how to open the Kaspersky Internet Security software, you have to double-click the Kasperky software icon in the system tray.
- Step 3:Find the Settings button and click it to open the Settings window.
- Step 4:Navigate to the Protection Settings section and then turn off the toggle switch next to the Firewall option.
KASPERSKY FIREWALL BLOCK APPLICATION
- Step 1:Click the system tray icon and then select the Settings option.
- Step 2:In the Settings window, move the cursor to the Advanced Settings tab.
- Step 3:In the Object Detection Settings and Exclusion Rules window, select the Settings button at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 4:Navigate to the Exclusion Rules tab and then click the Add icon at the left corner.
- Step 5:Click the Select Object link.
- Step 6:Search for the program path and click OK to include the selected program to the Exclusion list.
- Step 7:Select the Apply button followed by the OK button.
HOW TO DISABLE KASPERSKY FIREWALL
The Kaspersky firewall helps to keep your computer safe from viruses. To install any software on your computer, you need to disable the Kaspersky firewall.
To know how to disable the Kaspersky firewall, follow the instructions provided below.
- Step 1:Launch the Kaspersky Internet Security application on your computer.
- Step 2:Select SettingsProtection CenterFirewall Component.
- Step 3:Remove the checkmark next to the Enable Firewall option to disable the Kaspersky firewall.
KASPERSKY FIREWALL ALLOW PING
- Step 1:Launch Kaspersky and select Settings in the main interface of the Kaspersky firewall software.
- Step 2:In the Settings window, at the left panel of the screen, click the Protection Center tab.
- Step 3:Select the Firewall link on the main panel of the screen.
- Step 4:Now, the Firewall Settings window opens.
- Step 5:Select the Configure Packet rules link.
- Step 6:Select the rules that you need to allow and then click the Edit button in the Packet Rules window.
- Step 7:Go to the Action section and then select the Allow option followed by the Save option.
- Step 8:Exit the Packet Rules window after making the required changes.
HOW TO ENABLE WINDOWS FIREWALL WITH KASPERSKY
Follow the two different ways provided below to enable the Kaspersky firewall.
Enabling firewall from the main interface of the Kaspersky firewall software.
- Step 1:After launching the Kaspersky main interface, navigate to the Protection and Control tab.
- Step 2:Select ProtectionFirewall.
- Step 3:Click the Start button in the Context menu to enable the Windows firewall with Kaspersky.
Enabling the Windows firewall with Kaspersky from application settings.
- Step 1:Open KasperskySelect Protection and ControlClick Anti-virus ProtectionSelect Firewall.
- Step 2:Make sure to checkmark the box next to the Enable Firewall option.
KASPERSKY FIREWALL NOT WORKING
REMOVING KASPERSKY FIREWALL SOFTWARE ON YOUR WINDOWS COMPUTER
- Step 1:Select Control PanelPrograms and Features. Remove the Kaspersky Firewall software from the Programs and Features window.
- Step 2:Select the Kaspersky Firewall software and click the Uninstall/Change button.
- Step 3:When prompted, enter the password in the Enter password To Continue field. Select the Continue button in the Attention window.
- Step 4:Select the Next button in the Welcome to the Kaspersky setup wizard window.
- Step 5:Reenter the password and click the Next window.
- Step 6:Make sure to checkmark the box next to the License Information option.
- Step 7:Click the Remove button followed by the Yes button at the right end of the screen.
- Step 8:Select the Yes button to remove the Kaspersky Firewall software completely on your Windows computer.
DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THE KASPERSKY FIREWALL SOFTWARE ON THE COMPUTER
- Step 1:From the Kaspersky Lab website, download the Kaspersky Firewall software.
- Step 2:Double-click the installer file to install the Kaspersky Firewall Antivirus software.
- Step 3:In the Welcome to Kaspersky Anti-virus window, click the Skip button.
- Step 4:Select the End User License Agreement link to read and review the license agreement of the Kaspersky product.
- Step 5:To agree with the license agreement, select the Continue button. Proceed with the following steps.
- Step 6:To accept the Kaspersky Security Network Statement, checkmark the box next to the ‘I want to participate in Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) to provide optimal protection for my computer’ option.
- Step 7:If you do not want to agree with the Kaspersky Security Network Statement, remove the checkmark in the appropriate field.
- Step 8:Click the Install button in the Everything is ready for installation window.
- Step 9:Select the ‘Delete malicious tools, adware, auto-dialers and suspicious packages’ and ‘Detect software that can be used by criminals to damage your data’ options.
- Step 10:In the right end of the screen, select the Apply button.
- Step 11:When you see the ‘The application has been installed successfully’ message on the screen, click Done to finish the installation process of the Kaspersky Firewall software on the Windows computer.
- Step 12:Once you have completed the installation steps, activate the Kaspersky Firewall software on the computer.
ALLOW SMB THROUGH KASPERSKY FIREWALL
- Step 1:Once you have opened the Kaspersky Internet Security main interface, click the Settings link at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Step 2:Click the Additional option on the left panel and select the Network on the main panel.
- Step 3:In the Network Settings window, click the ‘Select’ link next to the ‘Monitor selected ports only’ option.
- Step 4:In the Network Ports window, click the Add button at the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Step 5:When the Edit window opens, fill the Description and Port fields.
- Step 6:Navigate to the Status section and then click Active.
- Step 7:After completing the settings, click OK.
- Step 8:Go back to the Network Ports window, search for the selected port number, and right-click it.
- Step 9:Select the Disable option, exit the Network Ports window, and restart the computer.
ALLOW VPN THROUGH KASPERSKY FIREWALL
Proceed with the solutions provided below to allow VPN through the Kaspersky firewall.
- Step 1:First, you have to disable the Kaspersky firewall temporarily by right-clicking the Kaspersky firewall icon.
- Step 2:Move the cursor to the system tray and then click the Kaspersky firewall icon.
- Step 3:Select the Protection tab on the main panel of the screen and then click the Firewall option.
- Step 4:Disable the ‘Block network connections if the user cannot be prompted’ feature.
- Step 5:Choose the file that you do not want to allow through the Kaspersky firewall.
- Step 6:Select the Save Changes button.
- Step 1:After opening the Kaspersky firewall’s main interface on the computer, select the Settings button.
- Step 2:Click the Additional tab on the left panel of the screen.
- Step 3:Find the Network option on the main panel and then click it.
- Step 4:Turn off the ‘Do not scan encrypted connections’ and Inject Script into web traffic to interact with web pages’ options to disable them.
- Step 5:Go back to the previous Setting window, click the Protection tab at the left side of the screen.
- Step 6:Click Web-Antivirus SettingsAdvanced Settings and then turn off the ‘Automatically activate Kasperksy Protection extension in browsers’ option.
- Step 7:Before you disable the Protection Extension feature, remove the extension from your web browser.
REINSTALLING THE AFFECTED VPN
- Step 1:Go to the Windows search bar, and then you have to type ‘control panel’ without the single quotes.
- Step 2:Select the Control Panel option to open the Control Panel window.
- Step 3:In the Programs section, select the Uninstall a Program link.
- Step 4:Find the VPN program, right-click it, and select the Uninstall button.
- Step 5:You are recommended to download and install any third-party software like IObit Uninstaller Pro program.
- Step 6:After installing this software on the computer, use it to clear the files and registry entries related to the VPN program.
- Step 7:Once you are done with the instructions mentioned above, restart your PC, and install the VPN program secured using the kaspersky firewall antivirus.