Issues Detected Shown In Sophos Mac
Sophos Antivirus is a software that protects your device from unknown threats. It blocks spyware, ransomware, Trojans, and malware. If your Sophos Antivirus displays the Issues Detected message after completing a virus scan on your Mac, you need to repair the virus-infected files. If it shows the "Issues Detected" message and no real threats are found, then it indicates that the Sophos scan could not access the corrupted, encrypted, or protected files on your Mac. It is a common issue in Sophos Antivirus software. Sometimes, you cannot access the encrypted data on your Mac since they are protected by a password or security code. If you wish to open the scan log and view the issues, follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the issues detected shown in Sophos Mac.
- Step 1:On your Mac, open the Sophos Antivirus app if you have closed it previously.
- Step 2:Give a double-click on the Sophos Antivirus icon available at the menu bar.
- Step 3:Alternatively, you can launch the Sophos Antivirus software using the Mac Spotlight search.
- Step 4:Press the Command + Spacebar shortcut keys to open the Spotlight search.
- Step 5:Enter "Sophos" in the search panel and hit the Enter key.
- Step 6:From the search result, give a double-click on the Sophos Antivirus app.
- Step 7:In the Sophos Antivirus interface, click the Scan Now button to scan the Mac files and folders.
- Step 8:Wait until the scan is complete.
- Step 9:Once the "Issues Detected" message is displayed in the Scan window, right-click on the screen and select the View Scan Log option.
- Step 10:In the Scan Log window, you can identify the files that are not recognized by the scan.
- Step 11:If it is not a problem, you can continue scanning the Mac files further.
- Step 12:By using these steps to fix the issues detected shown in Sophos Mac.