How To Install Sophos Antivirus Ubuntu?
Sophos antivirus is best in detecting, blocking, and removing all kinds of threats from a computer. You can install the Sophos antivirus software on your Windows, Mac, or Ubuntu OS. On this web page, we’ll show you how to install Sophos antivirus Ubuntu. The steps for the same are as follows.
Step 1: Create A Central Installation Directory (Cid)
- Step 1:First, log in to your Linux server as a root user.
- Step 2:Open a web browser and go to the Sophos antivirus software’s download web page using your Sophos ID.
- Step 3:If you are signing into the Sophos ID for the first time, then click Endpoint and Server Protection followed by Downloads and updates. If you have already signed into your Sophos ID for download, then click Endpoint and Server Protection.
- Step 4:Go to the Standalone Installers section and click the Anti-Virus for Linux link.
- Step 5:Click the Download button.
- Step 6:Now, change to the temporary directory using the command mentioned below:
- Step 8:Run the Sophos antivirus software installation using the command given below.
- Step 9:./sophos-av/install.sh
- Step 10:Select the Sophos option when prompted for auto-update type.
- Step 11:Enter the username and password provided with your product license.
- Step 12:Now, download the central installation using the command mentioned below:
- Step 13:/opt/sophos-av/bin/savupdate
- Step 14:Once it is done, move or copy the local cache directory to a location where other computers can access it to create a CID.
- Step 15:Once the CID has been created on your Linux server, you’re ready to perform the installation.
- Step 16:By using these steps to install Sophos antivirus Ubuntu.
Step 2: Install Sophos Antivirus
Creating a deployment package
- Step 1:Navigate to the following directory on your Linux computer: /opt/sophos-av/update/
- Step 2:Now, create a package using any one of the following options:
- Step 3:To create the savinstpkg.tgz tar format deployment package, use the ./mkinstpkg command.
- Step 4:To create savinstpkg-0.0-1.i586.rpm, run the ./mkinstpkg -r command.
- Step 5:To create savinstpkg.deb, use the ./mkinstpkg -D command.
- Step 6:Now, using your own tool, copy the package to your Linux computer.
Installing Sophos antivirus
- Step 1:Insert the deployment package on your Linux computer’s temporary directory.
- Step 2:Once you have done it, install the Sophos antivirus software on your Ubuntu using any one of the packages mentioned below.
- Step 3:Using the tar package, run tar -zxvf savinstpkg.tgz
- Step 4:sophos-av/install.sh.
- Step 5:Using RPM, use the rpm -i
- Step 6:Using deb, type the dpkg -i command.
- Step 7:Now, the selected package will collect the necessary files and install Sophos on your computer.
- Step 8:Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Step 9:Once it is done, the Sophos antivirus software’s icon will appear on your Linux computer’s home screen.
If you need a remote assistance to install Sophos Antivirus Ubuntu. Contact us to get remote assistance on the same.