How To Uninstall Sophos Home?
Proceed with the instructions provided below to uninstall Sophos Home software on the Windows 7 computer.
- Step 1:Navigate to the Start button and then select All ProgramsControl PanelPrograms and Features.
- Step 2:Double-click the Sophos Home option on the main panel of the screen.
- Step 3:Select the Close button in the Sophos Home window and then reboot the system.
- Step 4:Click the Uninstall button at the bottom of the screen.
Sophos Home Removal Tool
- Step 1:To uninstall Sophos Home software software quickly, you have to download the Sophos Virus Removal Tool software from the manufacturer site.
- Step 2:The Sophos Home Removal tool software is a free version.
- Step 3:After downloading the Sophos Home Removal Tool software, make sure to unzip it.
- Step 4:Open the software by double-clicking the unzipped file.
- Step 5:Then, follow the instructions displayed on the screen to install and run the removal tool.
Remove Sophos Home Mac
To remove the Sophos Home software on from your Mac computer, follow the instructions below.
- Step 1:Launch the Spotlight window by pressing the CMD and the space bar keys at the same time.
- Step 2:Enter ‘remove sophos home’ in the search bar.
- Step 3:Select the Remove Sophos Home option from the displayed search result.
- Step 4:Click the Continue option to start the uninstallation process.
- Step 5:Type the administrator name followed by the correct password in the appropriate fields.
- Step 6:Click the OK button. When you see the ‘The removal was successful’ message on the screen, click the Close button.
Sophos Home Real-time Protection Disabled
Perform the following instructions to disable the Sophos Home Real-time protection.
- Step 1:First, log into the Sophos Home dashboard.
- Step 2:Next, click the computer and check if the Real-time protection feature has to be disabled.
- Step 3:Now, click the Protection tab and then select the General tab.
- Step 4:Beside the Real-Time Protection option, switch the toggle button off.
- Step 5:The Sophos Home Real-Time Protection is now disabled.
Reinstall Sophos Home
Follow the instructions below to reinstall Sophos Home.
- Step 1:First, remove the computer from the Sophos Home Dashboard for uninstall Sophos Home software.
- Step 2:For Mac users, log into the Sophos Home Dashboard.
- Step 3:Next, click the Download button and wait until it is downloaded.
- Step 4:Go to the Downloads folder and then double-click the SophosInstall option.
- Step 5:The installer content will be displayed.
- Step 6:Now, to begin the installation by double-clicking the Sophos Installer app.
- Step 7:Click Open on the Security prompt.
- Step 8:Click the Continue option in the installation window.
- Step 9:Key in the required credentials and then click OK.
- Step 10:Wait for the installation to complete.
- Step 11:Click the Close option to exit once the Installation was successful message displays.
- Step 12:For Windows users, log into the Sophos Home dashboard.
- Step 13:Next, click the Download button on the welcome screen.
- Step 14:Now, wait for the SophosInstall.exe file to download.
- Step 15:To run the installer by double-clicking the downloaded SophosInstall.exe file.
- Step 16:Click Yes on the User Account Control screen.
- Step 17:Next, wait for the extractor to complete the process.
- Step 18:Now, click the Install button and wait for the installation to complete.
- Step 19:Once the ‘Installation is complete’ message appears, click the Finish button
How To Turn Off Sophos Home
To disable or turn off the Sophos home application on your computer, read and proceed with the guided instructions given below.
- Step 1:Launch the Sophos Endpoint Security application on your computer.
- Step 2:Navigate to the Configure anti-Virus & HIPS option on the main screen of the application.
- Step 3:Choose the Off option in the Web Protection section.
- Step 4:To confirm the option, click the OK button.
- Step 5:Now, select the Web Control option under the Configure tab.
- Step 6:Check if the Web Control option is selected.
- Step 7:If yes, deselect it by clicking the checkbox beside it.
- Step 8:After disabling the Sophos Home application, reboot your computer.
Sophos Home Will Not Uninstall
If you are unable to uninstall the Sophos Home software on your Windows system, then perform the guided instructions given below.
- Step 1:Make use of the Program Install & Uninstall Troubleshooter (Microsoft) tool to uninstall the Sophos Home application.
- Step 2:Download & install the Program Install & Uninstall Troubleshooter tool on your Windows system.
- Step 3:After installing the application, open it on your system and perform the instructions displayed on the screen to remove the Sophos Home software.
- Step 4:If the above troubleshooting method does not work, then use the Windows File & Folder troubleshooter tool to fix this issue.
- Step 5:Download the Windows File & Folder troubleshooter tool from its official site.
- Step 6:Install the downloaded troubleshooter file on your system.
- Step 7:Perform the on-screen instructions to finish the troubleshooting process.
- Step 8:If you still can’t find the solution of the uninstall Sophos Home software issue, then contact the Sophos Home technical support team to fix this problem.