How To Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Manually?
An antivirus program is very complex and also has high-level access to your system resources. This software will monitor the places on your computer that are the prime targets of malware. You might have to uninstall the existing antivirus program from your computer owing to various reasons. Carry out the below-mentioned steps on how to uninstall sophos antivirus manually.
- There might be more than one antivirus program on your computer and these might be conflicting. This scenario might result in errors, slow performance, and other such issues.
- You might have wished to install a new antivirus software on your computer. So, you will have to uninstall the older one.
- You might have found out that the existing antivirus software is not very effective.
Sometimes, you might have to uninstall the Sophos Antivirus software from your computer. There might be various methods to uninstall Sophos, such as the following:
- Using the manual method
- Using the uninstaller provided by Sophos itself
- Using any third-party uninstaller tool
If you want to uninstall Sophos Antivirus manually, you can continue reading this page.
Let us now look into the manual method of uninstalling/removing Sophos Antivirus from your Windows computer. Even though this method is carried out manually, it is still effective, and you do not have to bother about any uninstaller tools.
Uninstalling Sophos Anti-Virus from a Windows 7 computer:
- Step 1: On your computer, right-click the Start icon. From the options displayed, select Control Panel. Else, go to the Control Panel window by searching it using the search bar.
- Step 2: In the window that pops up, perform the following steps according to the View you are using now:
- Step 3: If you are making use of the Small/Large Icon View: Click the Programs and Features option.
- Step 4: In case you are using the Category View: In the Programs section, click the Uninstall a program option.
- Step 5: Now, click Sophos Antivirus and then choose the Uninstall option.
- Step 6: You can then continue with the prompts to finish the removal of Sophos Antivirus from your computer.
- Step 7: For each of the Sophos programs installed on your computer, repeat the uninstallation by following the above steps.
- Step 8: When you are done with uninstalling all the Sophos programs, reboot your computer.
- Step 9: Follow these steps we cn execute that how to uninstall sophos antivirus manually.
You have now successfully uninstalled Sophos Antivirus from your Windows 7 computer.
Uninstalling Sophos Anti-Virus from a Windows 10 computer:
- Step 1: On your computer, click on the Start button and go to Settings.
- Step 2: In the Windows Settings window, choose the Apps option.
- Step 3: In the Apps & features section, please scroll down the list of items until you see Sophos Antivirus.
- Step 4: Select Sophos Antivirus and then click on the Uninstall button.
- Step 5: You can then continue with the prompts to finish the removal of Sophos Antivirus from your computer.
- Step 6: In the Apps & features section, repeat the above procedure for each of the Sophos apps.
- Step 7: When you have completed uninstalling all the Sophos apps, reboot your computer.
We have now seen the steps how to uninstall Sophos Antivirus manually from both Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers.