How To Uninstall Avast Pro Antivirus
Follow these guidelines to uninstall Avast Pro antivirus from your computer.
- Step 1:On a Windows 10 computer, log in as an administrator and locate the Windows icon on the desktop.
- Step 2:Right-click it and choose ‘Apps and Features’ from the list.
- Step 3:The App & Features window opens. Scroll down and choose ‘Name’ from the ‘Sort by’ drop-down list.
- Step 4:Select Avast Pro from the list of applications. Right-click it and choose the uninstall avast pro antivirus option.
- Step 5:The User Account Control window displays Yes and NO. Click Yes to initiate the delete procedure for the Avast application.
- Step 6:The ‘Configure your Avast installation’ screen appears. Click Uninstall Yes.
- Step 7:Wait until Avast Pro is uninstalled and click the Restart computer button.
Uninstall Avast Cleanup Pro Mac
Here are the guidelines to uninstall Avast Cleanup Pro from your Mac computer.
- Step 1:Open Avast Cleanup Pro on your Mac computer. When the Avast application is open, the Avast Cleanup Pro icon appears on the menu bar. Click it.
- Step 2:After you click the Avast Cleanup Pro icon, the AvastCleanup option appears on the menu bar.
- Step 3:Choose Uninstall Avast Cleanup Pro from the menu. The Avast Cleanup Pro Uninstaller prop-up window appears.
- Step 4:Click Continue. Key in your Mac account credentials. You can also use your fingerprint to give admin privilege in order to uninstall the Avast application if your Mac computer supports Touch ID.
- Step 5:Click OK and wait until Avast Cleanup Pro is uninstalled from the Mac computer.
- Step 6:Click Finish and restart the Mac computer.
Unable To Uninstall Avast Pro Antivirus
Follow these guidelines if uninstalling Avast Pro antivirus in the standard uninstallation procedure does not work.
- Step 1:Power on your computer and let it load the applications.
- Step 2:Launch a web browser and search for ‘Avast Uninstall Utility’ on any search engine such as Google or Yahoo.
- Step 3:Locate the Avast Uninstall Utility search result with the domain name ‘Avast.com’ below it. Click it to go to the utility’s download page.
- Step 4:Click the avastclear.exe link to download the Avast Clear Utility on your computer.
- Step 5:Power off your computer. Power on the computer and as it boots, look for the key that needs to be pressed to enter BIOS. In some computers, it is F9 or F12
- Step 6:Choose the Safe Mode by using the arrow keys and press Enter.
- Step 7:The Windows computer boots in safe mode. Right-click Avast Clear, which you downloaded, and choose ‘Run as administrator’ from the list.
- Step 8:The ‘Welcome to Avast Uninstall Tool’ screen appears. Check whether the tool has detected the correct Avast installation path. If it is incorrect, change it by clicking Browse and selecting the path manually.
- Step 9:Select the Avast Pro application from the drop-down list at the bottom of the window. Click Continue.
- Step 10:Wait until Avast Pro is uninstalled from the computer completely. After Avast pro is uninstalled, click ‘Restart computer’
- Step 11:The computer is rebooted and uninstall avast pro antivirus from it.