How to turn off Sophos antivirus for Windows?
The antivirus software meant to secure a computer might be the trouble maker in some cases. The antivirus software on your computer may block the installation of specific software, or download of certain files even from a trusted source. That is when you will be forced to turn off the antivirus software. In most cases, you can right-click on the antivirus icon in the system tray and select the Disable or Turn off option. You will be prompted to choose the duration to disable the antivirus software. But always make sure that you turn on the antivirus protection on your computer once the intended task has been completed. Carry out these below-mentioned steps how to turn off sophos antivirus for windows.
Turn off Sophos from the user interface:
If you have installed the Sophos antivirus software on your Windows computer and want to turn it off for some time, then proceed with the steps.
- Step 1:Locate the Sophos application on the home screen.
- Step 2:You can also click on the Sophos icon on the system tray.
- Step 3:When the Sophos user interface appears, select the scanning tab at the top of the screen.
- Step 4:Now, uncheck the box next to the Enable on-access scanning for this computer option and select the OK button.
Turn off Sophos without admin rights:
- Step 1: Press the Windows and R buttons together to launch the Run dialog box.
- Step 2: Now, enter services.msc in the search section and click OK.
- Step 3: When the services window appears, locate the Sophos service.
- Step 4: Select each Sophos service and click the Properties menu. Select the Manual option.
- Step 5: Now, exit the Services window.
- Step 6: The Sophos antivirus software installed on your computer will be disabled temporarily.
- Step 7: You can enable the Sophos antivirus software later when needed.
- Step 8: If you want to turn off the software permanently, you can uninstall it from your computer.
If you having any further queries regarding how to turn off sophos antivirus for windows. For, more antivirus related queries reach us & get fine solutions to resolve it.