How to Turn Off Avira Antivirus?
The Avira antivirus is a free application that is primarily made for personal use. The Avira product is a free version and not a trial version, so it can be used forever. The Avira antivirus refers to the exceptional range of antivirus systems and the security software for operating systems like Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, OpenBSD, and Solaris platforms by Avira. Additionally, the program also offers real-time scanning, profile-based on-demand scans, and functions for full system updates. The POP3 based mail scanner helps in scanning the emails before they are ultimately saved in the user’s machine. Follow these steps how to turn off avira antivirus.
You can turn off your Avira Antivirus app in case you want to perform any secure download or set up a wireless router or completely turn the app off.
You can disable or turn the antivirus program off in four different methods:
- Disabling for Windows
- Uninstalling for Windows
- Disabling for Mac
- Uninstalling for Mac
Disabling Avira Real-Time Protection on Windows
- Step 1: Once you have downloaded and installed the Avira antivirus program on your computer, you will see the Avira icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Click on the Avira antivirus icon and click the Manage Antivirus option.
- Step 3: The Avira free antivirus application will open with a list of options; click the Real-time protection option seen on the screen.
- Step 4: You will see the Real-time protection with the slider turned on. Click on the slider to make it Red.
- Step 5: The color indicates that real-time protection is disabled.
- Step 6: Click on the firewall option on the left side of the screen and perform the same set of steps as done for Real-time protection.
- Step 7: Make sure the slider is turned off.
- Step 8: Avira will open a pop-up window prompting you for confirmation. Click the Yes button to make changes to your computer.
- Step 9: By using these steps we can execute that how to turn off avira antivirus.
Uninstall the Avira Antivirus on Windows
- Step 1: Launch your Windows computer and click on the Start button.
- Step 2: When the Start menu opens, click the settings icon at the extreme left corner of the screen.
- Step 3: The settings icon will open the System Settings window, locate the option Applications, and click on the option.
- Step 4: The applications will have a list of sub-tabs on the left side of the screen, click the Apps & Features option.
- Step 5: The option will show you a list of applications running on your Windows computer.
- Step 6: Click on the Avira Antivirus program and click the Uninstall button.
- Step 7: A Security message will now appear on the screen, click the Yes button to confirm the uninstallation.
- Step 8: Follow these steps we can execute that how to turn off avira antivirus.
Disabling Avira Real-Time Protection on Mac
- Step 1: To disable the real-time protection on your Mac system, follow the steps given below
- Step 2: Launch your Mac operating system.
- Step 3: You will see the taskbar open up on the top of the screen.
- Step 4: The Avira antivirus application has the umbrella icon, click the image and select the option Open Avira.
- Step 5: The Avira free antivirus application will open.
- Step 6: On the left side of the Avira screen, click on the Modules tab.
- Step 7: The modules tab will have three slider options, namely
- Step 8: Real-time protection
- Step 9: Protection Cloud
- Step 10: Firewall
- Step 11: Make sure to set the slider to off for each of the options to disable the Avira antivirus application entirely from your Mac system.
- Step 12: By utilizing these steps we can execute that how to turn off avira antivirus.
Uninstalling Avira on Mac
- Step 1:Launch your Mac and click on the finder option located in the dock section on your Mac system.
- Step 2:In the taskbar, click on the Go option and click Utilities.
- Step 3:The Utility folder will have a list of applications installed on your Mac.
- Step 4:Locate the Avira antivirus program and click on the ‘X’ located on top of the icon.
- Step 5:The Avira uninstaller window will now open and prompt you to confirm the uninstallation, click on the Uninstall button.
- Step 6:The Mac system will prompt you to enter the system username and password. Once done entering the credentials, click the OK button.
- Step 7:The uninstaller will show the progress bar. Once the bar turns blue, click the Done button.
- Step 8:The program will be uninstalled from your Mac.
- Step 9:Using these steps we can execute that how to turn off avira antivirus.