How To Turn Off Avast Antivirus?
At the time of installing a new application, the Avast Antivirus program installed on your computer might interfere with the installation process. And, the installation process might stop in between causing an error. In this case, you have to turn off the Avast Antivirus program for a certain period, i.e., until the installation of the application gets over. This article contains step-by-step instructions how to turn off Avast Antivirus program on your Windows and Mac computers.
Method 1 - Disabling the antivirus from system tray/taskbar
- Step 1:Go to the Windows taskbar, search for the Avast icon, and right-click it.
- Step 2:Choose the Avast Shields Control option from the displayed menu.
- Step 3:Now, four different options will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 4:Choose any one of the following options and click the Yes option for confirmation.
- Step 6:Disable for 1 hour
- Step 7:Disable until computer is restarted
- Step 8:Disable permanently
- Step 9:This will turn off the Avast Antivirus program for the chosen time duration.
- Step 10:Follow these steps we can execute that how to turn off avast antivirus.
Method 2 - Disabling individual Avast shields
- Step 1:Right-click the Avast icon that is present in the taskbar.
- Step 2:Once you choose the Open Avast User Interface option, the main window of the Avast Antivirus program will appear on the screen.
- Step 3:Navigate to Settings and click the Components section at the left panel.
- Step 4:You will see the following shields on the screen.
- Step 5:File Shield
- Step 6:Behaviour Shield
- Step 7:Mail Shield
- Step 8:Web Shield
- Step 9:Turn on the toggle switch beside File Shield, choose any one of the options listed here, and click the OK option.
- Step 10:Stop for 10 minutes
- Step 11:Stop for 1 hour
- Step 12:Stop until restart of computer
- Step 13:Stop permanently
- Step 14:Now, the ‘Field Shield is now off’ message will appear on the screen.
- Step 15:Do the same to turn off the rest of the shields (Behaviour Shield, Mail Shield, and Web Shield).
- Step 16:Using these steps we can execute that how to turn off avast antivirus.
- Step 1: Type Avast in the search bar and then choose the Avast Antivirus program from the displayed search result.
- Step 2:The main interface of the program will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 3:Click the Preferences tab followed by the Shields tab on the left panel.
- Step 4:Click the Disable option next to the following options.
- Step 5:File System Shield
- Step 6:Mail Shield
- Step 7:Web Shield
- Step 8:If a dialog box opens showing the ‘Avast is trying to install a new helper tool’ message, type the administrator password and click the Install Helper option.
- Step 9:This will turn off the Avast Antivirus program on the Mac computer.
- Step 10:By utilizing the above steps we can execute that how to turn off avast antivirus.