How To Troubleshoot Norton Antivirus Issues?
The Norton antivirus security software helps you to protect your computer or hand-held device from all kinds of threats. But, you may encounter certain how to troubleshoot Norton Antivirus issues in the security software itself. This web page explains what to do when you encounter some common issues in the Norton antivirus software.
Norton antivirus not opening or not scanning
Most of us might have encountered this issue where the application won’t launch properly. But, when it comes to security software, the cause and the solutions may be different. The exact cause for the Norton antivirus to not open is not known. If you encounter this issue for the first time, then try the steps given below.
First Step: Relaunch the Norton antivirus software
- Step 1:As soon as you encounter this issue, close the Norton antivirus software on your computer and wait for some time.
- Step 3:Check if the antivirus not opening issue is resolved.
- Step 4:If not, perform the next step.
Second Step: Restart your computer
Step 1:Firstly, you have to close all the programs running on your computer.
Step 2:Following that, restart your computer.
Step 3:After restarting the computer, check whether the Norton antivirus not opening issue is resolved.
Third Step: Run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
If the above two steps didn’t execute how to troubleshoot Norton Antivirus issues, then download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool on your computer.
Before you start, make sure to check the following conditions.
- Step 1:On your computer, if you have installed the Norton Family Parental Control software, then make sure to uninstall it before running the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Step 2:Make sure to restart your computer after downloading the tool and removing Norton Family Parental Control.
- Step 3:To reinstall the Norton solutions on your computer, you will get a prompt after your system restart.
Running Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
- Step 1:Download the tool from the Norton antivirus software’s official site.
- Step 2:After downloading the tool, open it and perform the on-screen prompts.
- Step 3:Click the Remove or Reinstall button when prompted.
- Step 4:Make sure to restart your computer after the uninstall process by clicking the Restart Now button.
- Step 5:Once the computer has been restarted, follow the on-screen prompts to reinstall the Norton antivirus software on your computer.
Now, check if the Norton antivirus not opening or Norton antivirus not scanning and see how to troubleshoot Norton Antivirus issues is resolved. If not, contact us.