How To Troubleshoot Mcafee Download Or Installation Issues
McAfee security program is one of the best antivirus software available in the market to protect your system from malware and viruses. The product can be purchased online as well as offline. However, it sometimes encounters technical issues. If you are having an issue in downloading and installing McAfee, keep reading this article. First, let’s have a look at the download issues:
McAfee Download Issues:
You might face issues with your McAfee download mostly due to your internet connection. The possible errors or issues that you would face are:
- Step 1:Download cannot continue - No internet connection
- Step 2:Unable to continue installation - Error 0
- Step 3:Download is too slow
Now let’s see the solutions to fix these McAfee download issues.
- Step 1:Check whether your computer is connected to the internet.
- Step 2:Check the speed of your internet connection.
- Step 3:Restart your computer, connect it to the internet, and then try to download McAfee.
- Step 4:Try to download McAfee after some time.
- Step 5:Clear the cache and cookies in your browser and then check if you are able to download McAfee.
These steps would probably fix the McAfee download issues. If not, go to the advanced solutions section on this page.
McAfee Installation Issues:
In case you have downloaded McAfee without any issues, but couldn’t complete the installation, then you might be interrupted by one of these error.
- Step 1:Incompatible security software
- Step 2:Installation incomplete
- Step 3:Error code: 12001, 12156, or 12152
- Step 4:Invalid serial number
Now, use these basic troubleshooting steps to fix these McAfee installation issues.
- Step 1:If you are stuck with the invalid serial number issue, refresh your browser and again enter the serial number.
- Step 2:For other issues, check if you have any other antivirus software installed on your computer. If yes, uninstall it and then install McAfee.
- Step 3:If the installation remains incomplete, restart your computer, connect to the internet, and again download McAfee.
- Step 4:Now, install McAfee on your computer and secure it from threats.
Advanced Solutions to fix McAfee download and installation issues:
Still, if you are not able to fix McAfee download and installation issues, then perform these solutions.
i. McAfee Software Install Helper (for Windows 10 and 8):
- Step 1:Download the McAfee Software Install tool from the official site of McAfee and install it on your computer.
- Step 2:Open the tool, enter your registered email address and password, then click on Login.
- Step 3:Click Start and accept the license agreement so that the tool will uninstall the incomplete installation and then install McAfee on your computer.
ii. McAfee Support Tools (for earlier versions of Windows):
- Step 1:Download and install the McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool.
- Step 2:This tool will successfully remove the incomplete McAfee installation on your computer.
- Step 3:Restart your computer.
- Step 4:The next step is to download and install the Pre-Install tool.
- Step 5:Run the Pre-Install tool and follow the instructions.
- Step 6:Once the tool completes the process, restart your computer.
- Step 7:Again, try the McAfee installation.
Still, if you are not able to fix McAfee download and installation issues, contact our technical support.