How To Transfer Your Norton Service To A New Device?
You might have set up a Norton product on your computer/device by downloading it from the official website. Every product that you obtain from Norton’s website will be a robust security solution. All Norton products/services contain excellent features, which many of its customers have grown to like. Some of Norton’s all-new facilities, like the LifeLock identity protection, meet the user’s security and privacy requirements.
The Norton antivirus protects all your devices, such as your computers, tablets, and smartphones. When you have multiple devices, you can transfer your Norton subscription license from one device to another.
In certain situations, you will have to transfer your Norton license from one device to another on which you have never used Norton products. Let us now discuss how to transfer your Norton service to a new device.
- Step 1:The first step will be to sign into your Norton account using your email address and password.
- Step 2:The next step is to navigate to the Device security page. On this page, locate the device for which you don’t need Norton’s security hereafter.
- Step 3:Important Note: Remember that the Norton-protected device will be displayed with a green status. You might not be permitted to transfer your license from a device that appears with a red, orange, or gray status.
- Step 4:At the bottom of your screen, you can see the icon with three dots. Click on it. You will find that a new menu displays on the screen.
- Step 5:From this menu, select the Manage License option.
- Step 6:On the page that appears next, click on the What would you like to do tab. Under this tab, you will find the Remove Norton button. Click on this button.
- Step 7:Now, click on the Next button to continue to transfer your Norton service to a new device.
- Step 8:In the dialog box that pops up next, click on the Yes button. Next, choose the Install Now option. This action will initiate the license transferring process.
- Step 9:You will now be taken to the Install on New Device page. On this page, choose any one of the following options:
- Step 10:Download: If you select this option, you can download and install Norton on the device you are currently using. Ignore this option.
- Step 11:Send Link: If you choose this option, your Norton service on the current device will be transferred to a new one.
- Step 12:Since you are going to transfer your Norton service to a new device, you have to select the Send Link option. Then, click on the Next button.
- Step 13:Now, continue with the rest of the on-screen instructions to finish transferring your Norton service to the new device.
We have now looked into the steps how to transfer your Norton service to a new device.