How To Temporarily Disable Webroot Secureanywhere Antivirus?
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus is a security program developed for the continuous protection of your device, both online and offline. Sometimes, the security program on the system may block operations like updates, installation, download, or activation. If you find that the Webroot Antivirus tool stops the system operations, you can choose to turn it off for a short time duration. Disabling the security program altogether makes your device prone to virus or malware attack. Read more on How to temporarily disable Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus.
Method-1: Turn it off manually
- Step 1:You can find the Webroot Antivirus icon in the system tray at the lower right corner of the Windows desktop. If it is the Mac device, you can find it in the Status menu bar at the top right end.
- Step 2:Next, right-click the icon and select the Shut down Protection option.
- Step 3:In the confirmation window, click Yes to confirm the program shut down.
- Step 4:Following that, enter the Captcha to finish the settings.
- Step 5:The Webroot Antivirus is now disabled; you can continue with the system operation that was blocked before.
- Step 6:Enable the Webroot Antivirus on the Windows device by following the direction All Programs > Webroot SecureAnywhere.
- Step 7:After disabling Webroot, if you still cannot perform the authorized operation on the computer, follow the steps in method-2.
On the other hand, if the operation is successful after disabling, perform method-2 to prevent similar problems.
Method-2: Contact the Webroot support team
- Step 1:Open the official Webroot Contact Support page from the browser and log in to your Webroot account.
- Step 2:Describe the problem you faced while performing the system operation and give details about installing or updating. Explain precisely when the Webroot program blocked the system action and what you had to do to stop it. After the relevant information, report the problem.
If you having any further queries regarding how to temporarily disable Webroot SecureAnywhere antivirus. Click the call button available on the screen.