How To Remove Virus From Windows 8.1 Without Antivirus?
Viruses are harmful applications or files that can damage your computer in many ways. The chance of virus entry into your Windows or Mac computer is high, and this can happen from various sources. While visiting or accessing a harmful site, these chances are high. To protect your computer from harmful virus threats, there are lots of antivirus software. Based on your requirement, you can purchase the antivirus application. If you ask, Can I remove the virus from my Windows 8.1 computer without using the antivirus application? The answer is, Yes, you can. In the section below, you are going to see some possible ways to how to remove virus from Windows 8.1 without antivirus.
- First, confirm that your Windows 8.1 computer is attacked by a virus.
- You can confirm this if any of the below-mentioned symptoms occur on your computer.
- Receive an error message while performing tasks.
- Strange pop-up windows keep opening on your computer.
- You will be directed to unfamiliar or unknown websites without permission.
- Slow response or the on-going application crashes unexpectedly.
Using Task Manager
- Step 1: Find and stop the suspicious services present from the Task Manager.
- Step 2: Perform this method as an initial step to remove virus from your Windows 8.1 computer.
- Step 3: To perform this process, first, open the Task Manager window on your Windows computer by pressing the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc buttons simultaneously.
- Step 4: Click the Processes tab.
- Step 5: Now, the services running on your Windows computer will be listed.
- Step 6: Search and select unfamiliar or unknown services from the list.
- Step 7: After selecting it, click the End Task button in the same window.
- Step 8: Restart your Windows 8.1 computer.
Using Microsoft System Configuration Utility (MSConfig)
- Step 1:Open the Run application on your Windows 8.1 computer.
- Step 2:Type the MSConfig command.
- Step 3:Click the OK button.
- Step 4:Now, the MSConfig application window will open.
- Step 5:Click the Services tab.
- Step 6:Locate and de-select the suspicious services from the list.
- Step 7:Click the Apply button, followed by OK.
- Step 8:Now, restart your Windows 8.1 computer to save the changes after know how to remove virus from Windows 8.1 without antivirus.
Using Command Prompt
- Step 1: On your Windows 8.1 computer, open the Command Prompt window with administrator permission.
- Step 2: Now, identify which drive is infected by the virus. If you cannot identify it, then run each drive letter one-by-one, as discussed below.
- Step 3: In the cmd window, type the drive name that you find infected.
- Step 4: Tap the Enter button on your Windows computer’s keyboard.
- Step 5: Now, type dir and tap Enter.
- Step 6: All the directories and files stored on your Windows computer will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 7: Look for files with the name autorun or file extension .inf in the displayed list.
- Step 8: Note: Most of the virus name contains extension such as autorun and .inf
- Step 9: Once you find any one of the files with this extension, type the del autorun.inf command.
- Step 10: Tap the Enter button.
- Step 11: Wait for the on-going process to complete.
- Step 12: Once it is done, restart your Windows computer.
- Step 13: Another way to identify and remove viruses from your Windows 8.1 computer is by checking the newly installed software and application.
- Step 14: First, make sure that the software or application on your Windows computer was installed with your knowledge.
- Step 15: If not, go to your Windows computer’s Settings section.
- Step 16: Tap Apps > Apps & Features.
- Step 17: In the Apps & Features window, search for unfamiliar application or software.
- Step 18: If you find any, select and uninstall it.
Contact us to get remote assistance to know how to remove virus from Windows 8.1 without antivirus.