How To Remove Malware from Android without Antivirus ?
There is actually no virus for Android phones yet. However, there are malware that could cause the phone to behave strangely. Some of the malware are spyware, ransomware, worms, and trojans. To Remove Malware from Android without Antivirus applications, use any one of the methods explained below.
Method 1: Remove malware from safe mode
When an Android phone is started in Safe mode, no other third-party application will be active on the phone. So, to remove the malware from the Safe mode, the steps given below will help you.
- Step 1:Hold down the Power button on the Android phone.
- Step 2:When the options to turn off the phone appears on the screen, tap and hold the Power off option.
- Step 3:Now, the Reboot to safe mode option will appear; tap the OK button.
- Step 4:Note: The steps to boot in safe mode might vary according to the phone’s model. So it is better to refer to the manufacturer’s site or user’s manual.
- Step 5:Once the phone enters the safe mode, check the phone’s behavior.
- Step 6:If the phone is normal now, then the abnormality observed earlier was due to the malware from any of the third-party application installed on the Android phone.
- Step 7:Go to the Settings and tap the Apps option.
- Step 8:On the Apps screen, go to the All section. This will list all the applications on your phone, including the Android system applications.
- Step 9:Browse through the list of applications and see if there is an app you did not install or any application that you have recently installed due to which the phone began to behave abnormally.
- Step 10:Tap that particular app and then tap the Uninstall button.
- Step 11:Now, go back to the Settings and select the Security option.
- Step 12:Tap the Device Administrators option and see if any third-party app is enabled with the device administrator’s permission. If so, disable it and select the Deactivate this device administrator option.
- Step 13:Then, go to the Downloads folder on the Android phone and see if there is any .apk file related to the malware app that you recently uninstalled. If so, remove it.
- Step 14:After this, restart the Android phone.
- Step 15:Still, if the phone behaves strangely, then go to the next method.
Method 2: Reset the Android phone
Resetting an Android phone will clear all the data on the phone. So the essential data should be backed up before resetting.
- Step 1:Go to the Settings app on the Android phone.
- Step 2:Tap the Backup & Reset option.
- Step 3:Select the Factory Data Reset option at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 4:Tap the Reset device button on the next screen and enter the passcode of the phone when prompted.
- Step 5:When the factory reset is finished, restart the phone.
- Step 6:Restore the phone from the backup that you have created earlier.
Click the Call button provided on this web page to get remote assistance to Remove Malware from Android without Antivirus.