How to Remove Iolo System Mechanic
To uninstall the Iolo System Mechanic software on a Windows 7/Vista computer, follow the guidelines below.
- Step 1:On Windows 7/Vista, navigate to the search bar at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Step 2:Type uninstall a program in the search bar and then select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Step 3:Select the Iolo System Mechanic option and then click the Uninstall button.
Iolo System Mechanic Removal Tool
An effective way to uninstall the Iolo System Mechanic software is to download, install, and run the Max Uninstaller tool. Perform the instructions below.
- Step 1:Download, install, and open the Max Uninstaller on your Windows computer.
- Step 2:On the main screen of the Max Uninstaller software, select the Iolo System Mechanic software icon and click the Run Analysis button on the left panel of the screen.
- Step 3:Once the scanning is complete, select the Complete Uninstall button.
- Step 4:When you see the ‘Please wait while it initializes the uninstall process’ message on the screen, select the Scan Leftovers button followed by the Delete Leftovers button.
- Step 5:The Iolo System Mechanic software is now removed from your Windows computer.
How to Completely Remove Iolo System Mechanic
To completely remove the Iolo System Mechanic software on the PC manually, follow the guidelines mentioned below.
- Step 1:Navigate to the System tray at the bottom of the screen, find the Iolo System Mechanic software icon, and right-click it.
- Step 2:Select the Close the Program option.
- Step 3:Press the Ctrl, Alt,Del keys at the same time to display the Task Manager window.
- Step 4:Move to the Processes tab and select the Terminate the Program-related processes button followed by the End button.
- Step 5:Once you have opened the Control Panel window, find the Uninstall a Program link and click it to display the Programs and Features window.
- Step 6:Navigate to the Installed Programs list and then double-click the System Mechanic option.
- Step 7:Proceed with the uninstallation steps that appear on the screen to uninstall the Iolo System Mechanic completely.
- Step 8:When prompted for the confirmation message, select Yes.
- Step 9:After removing the Iolo System Mechanic software, delete the software-related registry files from Registry Editor.
- Step 10:Before deleting the registry files, create a backup file of your Iolo System Mechanic software to be on the safer side.
- Step 11:Go to the File tab and click Export. Find the
HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\SOFTWARE\iolo\folders and delete them.
- Step 12:Move to the Edit tab and then enter ‘System Mechanic’ in the Find What field to find and delete any Iolo System Mechanic software-related entries and keys.
- Step 13:After finishing all the steps mentioned above, reboot the computer.
Cant Uninstall Iolo System Mechanic
When you are not able to uninstall the Iolo System Mechanic software on the computer due to some reasons, follow the instructions given below to uninstall it.
- Step 1:Navigate to
C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe to open the Command window on your Windows computer.
- Step 2:You have to type
"C:\Users\<YOURUERNAME>\Downloads<YOURUERNAME>" without quotes in the Command window.
- Step 3:Enter the command line
"C:\Users\username\Downloads>SystemMechanic_Ultimate_Defense.exe -g -x" without the quotes.
- Step 4:Now, the Iolo System Mechanic software gets removed from the computer.
- Step 5:To get the uninstallation details, navigate to the
C:\Users|<YOURUERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\iolo technologies folder, and select the bootstrap.log file