How to optimize system performance
Optimize system performance will improve the reliability, processing speed, and increase the storage space on your device. It will also reduce the system hangs, slow performance, and other system issues.
You can optimize your system performance by carrying out some specific troubleshooting steps or using a third-party tool.
- Step 1:Clean up your disk and restart your system regularly.
- Step 2:Check for Viruses and Spyware by running scheduled scans on your antivirus software.
- Step 3:Run fewer programs at a time and add more memory space to stop RAM problems.
Mac optimizing system performance
- Step 1:On your Mac, view the dock at the bottom-left or right of the screen and find the icons with blue circles beneath.
- Step 2:Click the image and hold it for a few seconds until an options list appears. Choose the Quit option.
- Step 3:Now, Restart your Mac.
- Step 4:Navigate to the Apple menu and select System PreferencesAccountsLogin Items.
- Step 5:Click the minus sign beside all the items that you want to delete from the startup.
- Step 6:These unwanted programs will increase the Mac boot time and take up memory.
- Step 7:Move all the unused applications to the trash. You can also use some tools to remove the unused application on your Mac.
- Step 8:Make sure to keep all the features that you don’t use turned off. Such features include Universal Access and Bluetooth.
- Step 9:Access the Fan Control feature on your Mac to run the system cool and avoid overheating of your device.
- Step 10:Delete the widgets that you feel are running unnecessarily in the background.
- Step 11:Check the Activity Monitor to view the tool details and programs running on your device.
- Step 12:Remove the unwanted photos on your Mac and empty the trash.
- Step 13:Download a maintenance application for your Mac and clear the cache files and cookies to increase the performance.
Optimize system performance windows 10
You can optimizing your system performance of a Windows 10 system by following a few simple steps:
- Step 1:Open your Windows and right-click the desktop.
- Step 2:Select the Personalize option to open the Settings menu.
- Step 3:Click on the Colors button that is available on the left side panel.
- Step 4:Now, disable transparency effects as it tends to slow down the performance of your computer.
- Step 5:Open Task Manager and select the Startup menu bar to view the software programs running on your system.
- Step 6:Select the programs that you wish to stop and click Disable.
- Step 7:Select the Services menu bar from the Task Manager and right-click the services to stop them from running in the background.
- Step 8:Navigate to System and select Advanced system settingsAdvancedSettingsAdjust for best performance.
- Step 9:Click OK after selecting the features to disable the shadows and animations.
- Step 10:Alternatively, access this feature by navigating to the settings and selecting Ease of AccessOther Options to turn off the shadows and animations.
- Step 11:Restart your system after completing the above process.
- Step 12:Go to the Start menu and select Control PanelSystem and SecurityPower optionsChoose what the power buttons doTurn on fast startupSave changes.
- Step 13:This feature is only available on Windows 10 to enable a fast startup.
- Step 14:You can also uninstall some unnecessary programs to clear some unwanted memory space.
- Step 15:Sometimes, performing a defragmenting on your hard drive will make your disk run faster.
- Step 16:Schedule a disk cleanup process over a regular interval of time on your Windows.
Optimizing Your system performance On windows 7
- Step 1:First, clean up your hard disk to remove the unwanted files.
- Step 2:Navigate to the Start menu and enter
cleanmgr in the search box.
- Step 3:Open the Cleanmgr program and select the drive programs to begin the cleanup process.
- Step 4:Run the Performance troubleshooter by accessing StartControl PanelSystem and SecurityFind and Fix ProblemsCheck for performance issues.
- Step 5:When the Performance Wizard window pops-up, click theNext button and wait for it to diagnose the problem.
- Step 6:Clicking the View detailed information option will give a detailed troubleshooting report.
- Step 7:Now, close the wizard and restart your system.
- Step 8:Uninstall and delete the unused programs. Navigate to StartControl PanelProgramsUninstall a program.
- Step 9:Select and uninstall the unwanted programs from the list of programs on the screen.
- Step 10:Limit the programs in the Startup by selecting the unwanted items from the Startup page.
- Step 11:Now, a new pop-up window will appear on the screen and prompts you to restart the computer.
- Step 12:Perform a regular defragment on your hard disk to reduce the system hangs. It will clear the unwanted applications and increases more space.
- Step 13:Avoid running more programs at a time.
- Step 14:Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager window and choose the unwanted programs to end the process.
- Step 15:Use a single antivirus program on your computer.
- Step 16:The Windows Action Center will automatically notify the user if more than one antivirus software is running on the system.
- Step 17:If you still have a problem with Optimize system performance, contact our technical support.