How To Install Sophos Home?
To install Sophos Home on your Windows computer, follow these guidelines.
- Step 1:First, create a Sophos home account by following these steps.
- Step 2:Enter ‘home.sophos.com’ in your web browser’s address bar and press Enter.
- Step 3:Enter the first name, last name, password, and email address. Click ‘Create Account.’
- Step 4:Open the email from ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ and click the ‘Confirm Email’ button.
- Step 5:You will be redirected to the ‘Sign Into your account’ page where you need to enter your email ID and password. Click Sign In.
- Step 6:The Sophos Home dashboard will be displayed. Click Download.
- Step 7:The SophosInstall.exe file will be downloaded to your computer. Double-click it and click Yes if the User Account Control window opens.
- Step 8:Wait until Sophos auto-extracts and then click the Install button. After Sophos Home finishes downloading the updates, click Finish. This completes the Sophos Home installation.
Sophos Home Login
Follow these guidelines to log into Sophos home.
Sophos Utm Home Edition Setup
Follow these steps to set up Sophos UTM on your computer.
- Step 1:Go to the manufacturer’s official site and download the Sophos UTM ISO file on your computer.
- Step 2:Mount the ISO on your Windows 10 computer by right-clicking the file and choosing Mount. If you have an older version of the OS, burn the ISO to a CD and insert the CD into your computer.
- Step 3:Once Sophos is installed, restart the computer.
- Step 4:The Sophos window opens. There is also a red warning message stating that the computer’s data will be erased. It also prompts you to press Enter.
- Step 5:Press the Enter key. The Sophos Introduction box appears. Select Start and press Enter. The Sophos application detects the hardware and displays it on the screen. Press Enter.
- Step 6:Highlight the language and timezone by using the arrow keys and select them by pressing Enter. When the Date and Time window appears, review the information and press Enter after highlighting Next.
- Step 7:Choose one of the two Admin interfaces from the Admin Interface window and press Enter with ‘Next’ highlighted.
- Step 8:Enter your LAN gateway address in the Address field and then add the Netmask data. You can leave the Gateway field blank. Highlight Next and press Enter.
- Step 9:The Sophos application asks if you want to install a 64-bit kernel. Select Yes and press Enter. When the Sophos installer asks whether you want to install all capabilities, select Yes and press Enter.
- Step 10:It then asks whether you are ready to partition the drive. Do note that doing this deletes all the data on the computer, but this is an integral process in installing Sophos. Highlight Yes and press Enter.
- Step 11:Wait until the drive is partitioned and the packages are installed. The ‘Installation Finished’ window appears. Write down/take a snapshot of the IP address on the screen. Select Reboot and press Enter.
- Step 12:You should hear a couple of beeping noises from the computer’s speakers which signal that Sophos UTM has been installed. Enter the IP address that you made a note of in the web browser’s address bar and press Enter. The Sophos window states the same information as well.
- Step 13:Click AdvancedProceed.
- Step 14:The Sophos UTM9 web admin page loads.
- Step 15:Enter the hostname, company, city, country, password, and admin email account information. Click the checkbox above the Perform basic system setup button to agree to the Sophos product’s T&C. Click ‘Perform basic system setup.’
- Step 16:You will be redirected to the IP address automatically. Click AdvancedProceed.
- Step 17:Enter your Sophos web admin username and password. Click Login.
- Step 18:Click the Continue radio button and click Next. Choose the License file’s path on your computer and then click Next.
- Step 19:Enter an appropriate IP address in the Internal LAN Firewall IP field and then choose the required Netmask from the drop-down list. Click Next.
- Step 20:Choose the Interface option that you set earlier. Select the appropriate Internet Uplink type and Address type from the drop-down lists.
- Step 21:The Allowed Services settings screen appears. Choose Web, FTP, DNS, and other options based on your preferences. Set the Ping settings.
- Step 22:The Advanced Threat Protection Settings screen appears. Enable the Intrusion Prevention Engine and Command & ControlBotnet Detection Engine. Click Next.
- Step 23:Set the preferences for Web Protection Settings and click Next.
- Step 24:Enable ‘Scan email fetched over POP3’ if required. Click Next. Click Finish. This completes the Sophos Universal Threat Management setup.
Sophos Home Download
Proceed with the following steps to download and install Sophos Home.
- Step 1:First, open a new web browser and then log into the Sophos Home dashboard.
- Step 2:Next, on the Home screen, click the PC Installer button.
- Step 3:Now, wait until the SophosInstall file is downloaded.
- Step 4:For installation, log into the Sophos Home dashboard and then click the Add another device button.
- Step 5:Now, select options from Add a computer window.
Sophos Home Mac
Perform the following guidelines to download and install Sophos Home for Mac.
- Step 1:First, log into the Sophos Home dashboard.
- Step 2:On the Welcome screen, click the Download button.
- Step 3:The Sophos file will be downloaded now.
- Step 4:Next, to run the installer, double-click the downloaded SophosInstall file.
- Step 5:Click Yes on the User Account Control screen and then wait for the extractor to complete.
- Step 6:Next, click the Install button and then click the Finish button once the ‘Installation is complete’ message appears.
Sophos Home Linux
Proceed with the following instructions to download and install Sophos Home for Linux.
- Step 1:First, open a new web browser and then download the Sophos Home from the manufacturer’s site.
- Step 2:Next, accept the EULA and download the antivirus software.
- Step 3:After the downloading process, extract the tarball.
- Step 4:Go to the Tarball directory and make sure to run the command below.
- Step 5:
- Step 6:
Sudo ./install . Sh
- Step 7:The Sophos Home is now installed on Linux
Sophos Home Scheduled scan
The Sophos Home Premium does not have the scheduled scan feature.
Sophos Home Password Reset
- Step 1:Go to the Sophos interface and tap the Sign In option. Key in your email address in the appropriate field.
- Step 2:Click the Forgot Password? option available below the password field.
- Step 3:Specify the email address you have registered with Sophos. Tap the Send Link button in the next step.
- Step 4:You will receive a password reset link to your mail. Follow the instructions available in the email to reset your password.
Sophos Home Web filtering
- Step 1:First, you have to sign into the Sophos Dashboard using your credentials.
- Step 2:Choose the device that you want to set up and navigate to the Web Filtering tab.
- Step 3:Now, you have to select the website category that you wish to control.
- Step 4:Make use of the Allow, Warn, or the Block option to configure the web filtering settings.
Sophos Home Firewall
- Step 1:If you want to add a firewall rule of your choice to your Sophos Home edition, then follow the instructions given below.
- Step 2:Choose the IPv4 or the IPv6 option and then select the Add Firewall option.
- Step 3:Click on the Clone Above or Clone Below option.
- Step 4:Next, you have to select the type of rule to be created and follow the prompts displayed.
- Step 5:Make use of the Edit or Delete option to modify the rule or remove it.
- Step 6:If you want to change the rule position, then click the rule and drag it to the correct place.
To Install Sophos Home on your computer, you can contact our technical experts by clicking the call button available on the screen.