How To Install Comodo Antivirus In Ubuntu 18.04?
Comodo Antivirus is a mail gateway protection tool for Ubuntu to prevent spam and corrupted emails in the Mail program. The main features of Comodo software are Real-time access, scan scheduler, custom scan, automatic update, event viewer, and on-demand virus scanning. If you are wondering how to install Comodo Antivirus in Ubuntu 18.04, read the following steps.
Download Comodo Antivirus:
- Step 1:Open a web browser app on the computer and visit the official Comodo website.
- Step 2:Navigate to the Comodo Antivirus for Linux page and choose the appropriate Ubuntu version from the drop-down menu, below Choose your operating system.
- Step 3:Select the system type either 32 bit or 64 bit and click the Free Download button to download the Antivirus to the computer.
- Step 4:Once the download is done, proceed to install the Comodo Antivirus.
Comodo Antivirus installation:
- Step 1:Before installing the Antivirus, download and install the libssl0.9.8 package or the latest version from a reliable website.
- Step 2:You can find the Comodo Antivirus installer and the libssl0.9.8 package in the Downloads folder on the system.
- Step 3:Now, open the Terminal window, type the below command and press Enter.
- Step 4:cd Downloads
- Step 5:Next, enter the following command lines for a 64-bit system. In case it is a 32-bit system, replace “7ubuntu3.2_amd64.deb” with “7ubuntu3.2_i386.deb” to install the libssl0.9.8 package.
- Step 6:sudo dpkg –i
- Step 7:libssl0.9.8_0.9.9o-
- Step 8:7ubuntu3.2_amd64.deb
- Step 9:Following that, input the command given below and press Enter to run it.
- Step 10:sudo apt-get install –f
- Step 11:Now, run the below command lines to install the Comodo Antivirus.
- Step 12:sudo dpkg –i cav-linux_x64.deb
- Step 13:sudo apt-get install –f
- Step 14:sudo /opt/COMODO/post_setup.sh
- Step 15:After that, choose the language by entering the exact serial number of the language.
- Step 16:Follow the guidelines to complete the installation successfully.
- Step 17:Open the Ubuntu’s Application folder and double-click the Comodo AV Linux icon.
- Step 18:When the Comodo AV main window opens up, go to the Antivirus panel and start scanning the system.
If you having any further queries regarding how to install Comodo Antivirus in Ubuntu 18.04. Click the call button available on the screen.