How to Fix Antivirus Blocks Email?
The antivirus program installed and running on your computer might block the email client. In such cases, you cannot send emails from the email client or receive any. Below are the steps on how to fix antivirus blocks email problem.
- Launch the Bitdefender antivirus program on your computer.
- Click the Protection icon in the left panel.
- Select the View Features option, navigate to the Firewall section, and click the Settings icon.
- Navigate to the Rules tab and click the Add option.
- Create a firewall exception for the email client and load the email client’s executable file.
- Proceed with the on-screen prompts and restart the computer.
- Open the Norton antivirus program.
- Click the Options button followed by the Email link.
- Deselect the checkbox beside the ‘Scan incoming Email’ and ‘Scan outgoing Email’ options.
- Make sure to save your settings.
- You can even include your email client in the Application Blocking list. To do this, click the Advanced option in the main interface of the Norton antivirus program and see how to fix antivirus blocks email.
- Select the Firewall option.
- Navigate to the Application Blocking section, click the Settings icon, and select the Add Application option.
- Add your email client name and save your changes.
- Launch the Kaspersky antivirus program.
- Click Settings, navigate to the Protection section, and select the Mail Antivirus option.
- Go to the Security section and click Settings.
- Navigate to the Additional tab, select the preferred option to scan your emails, and save your settings.
- Launch AVG Internet Security.
- Navigate to Menu -> Settings -> Components -> Firewall -> Network Profiles.
- Change the network from Public to Private or vice versa.
- Open the Apps & Features screen on the computer.
- Locate the Avira antivirus program, right-click it, and select the Modify option.
- Deselect the Mail Protection option and save your altered settings.
- Launch the Avast antivirus program.
- Navigate to Protection and click the Firewall option.
- Select the Application option and click the New Application Rule option and see how to fix antivirus blocks email.
- Add your email client to the Firewall Exception list.