How to Disable Trend Micro without Password?
Trend Micro is an antivirus or security software that protects your device from unknown threats, malware, spyware, and ransomware. It has more protection features with its Pay Guard feature, spam filters, and safe browsing tools. If you wish to disable Trend Micro without password, follow the below-mentioned methods.
Method 1: Using the System Tray on Windows
- Step 1:On your Windows desktop, navigate to the system tray.
- Step 2:Give a right-click on the Trend Micro icon available at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Step 3:Select the Exit option from the pop-up list.
- Step 4: Wait until the Trend micro icon disappears from the system tray.
- Step 5:If the Trend Micro icon disappears, the antivirus is disabled.
Method 2: Using the Diagnostic Toolkit on Windows
- Step 1:On your Windows desktop, open the default browser application.
- Step 2:Download the Diagnostic Toolkit from the official site.
- Step 3:Click the Download button near the SupportTool.zip file.
- Step 4:After downloading the file, extract it from the Downloads location.
- Step 5:After the extraction, the file name will get changed to “SupportTool.bat” from the “SupportTool.zip” file.
- Step 6:Give a right-click on the file and select the Run as administrator option.
- Step 7:If the User Account Control(UAC) dialogue box pops-up, click the Yes button.
- Step 8:In the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit window, click the Uninstall tab.
- Step 9:Click the Stop all components button and wait for the Trend Micro icon to disappear.
- Step 10:Now, the Trend Micro security software is disabled on your Windows computer.
Method 3: Using the Status menu on Mac
- Step 1:Disable Trend Micro without password On your Mac desktop, click the Trend Micro icon available at the menu bar.
- Step 2:Select the Shut Down Trend Micro Antivirus option from the drop-down list.
- Step 3:If the Trend Micro icon disappears, the Trend Micro Antivirus is disabled successfully.
Method 4: Using the Diagnostic Toolkit on Mac
- Step 1:You need to download and install the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit from the manufacturer’s site to disable the Trend Micro security software.
- Step 2:On your Mac desktop, type “Trend Micro” in the Spotlight search box.
- Step 3:Open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit and click the Stop Components button.
- Step 4:Confirm the action by selecting the OK button in the pop-up window.
- Step 5:Now, the Trend Micro security software will be disabled.