How To Disable Sophos Antivirus Temporarily?
You may come across Sophos using up much of the memory on your Windows computer. Windows 10 computers are now more prone to attacks than any other Operating System. On the other hand, having an antivirus application installed on your computer can also cause some problems, and especially if you have Sophos antivirus.
Uninstall Sophos Windows
Let us look into the uninstallation procedure for Windows. The step for uninstalling Windows is different from that compared to the Mac OS. Follow the steps on how to disable Sophos Antivirus temporarily.
- Step 1:The first step is a formal one; launch your windows computer.
- Step 2:Click the Start button and open the settings window.
- Step 3:Navigate to Apps and select Apps & Features section.
- Step 4:Locate the file that reads Sophos Antivirus.
- Step 5:Right-click on the option Sophos Antivirus and select the Uninstall option from the list.
- Step 6:You can finally conclude by rebooting your computer after the uninstallation process.
Uninstall Sophos Endpoint
Uninstalling the Sophos Endpoint antivirus software is different for the Mac and Windows operating systems, respectively. The steps to implement the Endpoint uninstallation for Mac are as follows:
- Step 1:Open the Run command (Windows key + R), type Remove Sophos Endpoint, and press the Enter button.
- Step 2:The Run command will open the Remove Sophos Endpoint. Now, double-click to run the file.
- Step 3:The Mac will ask you to enter the Username and the password. (Tamper protection)
- Step 4:The Remove Sophos Endpoint window will open on your Windows 10 computer. When prompted, provide your administrator password and check it how to disable Sophos Antivirus temporarily.
- Step 5:Enter the password and press the return button.
- Step 6:The Sophos Endpoint antivirus application will be removed from the Windows 10 computer.
- Step 7:You will see the confirmation message The Removal was successful, click the Close button.
Sophos Antivirus Removal Tool
Do as per the steps given below to work with the antivirus removal tool.