How To Disable Avast Antivirus Temporarily?
The Avast Antivirus program offers the Real-Time Protection feature to protect your PC from threats. If you want to disable or turn off the Avast Antivirus program on your computer temporarily, carry out the quick instructions mentioned below that how to disable Avast Antivirus .
Procedure 1 - System tray
- Step 1:On the main screen of your Windows computer, go to the system tray and right-click the Avast icon.
- Step 2:Choose the Avast Shields Control option.
- Step 3:Now, the following options will be displayed.
- Step 4:Disable for 10 minutes
- Step 5:Disable for 1 hour
- Step 6:Disable until computer is restarted
- Step 7:Disable permanently
- Step 8:Select your preferred option from the displayed menu.
- Step 9:When you see the Component Stop dialog box with the ‘Do you want to continue’ message on the screen, click the Yes option.
- Step 10:The Avast Antivirus program will be disabled on your computer for the specified duration.
- Step 11:Follow these steps we can execute that how to disable avast antivirus.
Procedure 2 - Avast settings
To specifically disable the Avast shields, carry out the following steps.
- Step 1:Navigate to the system tray on your Windows computer and double-click the Avast icon.
- Step 2:This will launch the main interface of the Avast Antivirus program on the screen.
- Step 3:Alternatively, you can double-click the Avast icon on the computer’s desktop.
- Step 4:Click the Menu tab at the top and then select the Settings option.
- Step 5:Click the Components tab on the left panel.
- Step 6:Turn off the toggle switch beside the following options.
- Step 7:File System Shield
- Step 8:Mail Shield
- Step 9:Web Shield
- Step 10:Also, you have to mention the time duration for disabling each shield.
- Step 11:Make sure to acknowledge the prompt to disable the shield when it appears on the screen.
- Step 12:After the specified time duration, the Avast Antivirus program will be turned on automatically.
- Step 13:You can also enable the Avast shields manually at any time if needed.
- Step 14:To completely remove the Avast Antivirus program from the computer, uninstall it.
- Step 15:By using these steps we can execute that how to disable avast antivirus.