How To Delete Sophos Antivirus Mac?
Sophos Antivirus is a security application that is responsible for protecting your device from unknown threats such as spyware, malware, adware, and ransomware. Removing the Sophos Antivirus software makes your Mac vulnerable to threats. If it fails to remove any viruses or prompts an error continuously, follow the below-mentioned steps how to delete sophos antivirus Mac.
This method shows how to remove the Sophos Antivirus using the Terminal app on your Mac.
- Step 1:On your Mac, launch the Terminal app first.
- Step 2:In the Terminal window, type the “cd /Library/Application\ Support/Sophos/opm-sa/Installer.app/Contents/MacOS” command and press the Enter key.
- Step 3:Type the “sudo ./InstallationDeployer –remove” command and press the Enter key.
- Step 4:If prompted, enter the Mac administrator password.
- Step 5:Restart your Mac and check if the Sophos Antivirus software is entirely removed from the desktop.
- Step 6:Follow these steps we can execute that how to delete sophos antivirus mac.
- Step 1:On your Mac, open Finder and click the Go menu at the top of the screen.
- Step 2:Select the Go to Folder option from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3:In the pop-up window, type “/Library/Sophos Anti-Virus” in the text field and click the GO button.
- Step 4:In the Library window, give a double-click on the Remove Sophos Anti-Virus.pkg file.
- Step 5:Now, the Sophos installation wizard will open.
- Step 6:Click the Continue button and select your hard drive on the Select a Destination screen.
- Step 7:After selecting the destination, click the Continue button.
- Step 8:On the Standard Install screen, click the Install button.
- Step 9:If prompted, enter your Mac username & administrator’s password in the required fields and click the Install Software button.
- Step 10:Wait until the Sophos Antivirus software is removed from your Mac.
- Step 11:After completing the installation process, click the Close button.
- Step 12:Now, click the Apple menu and select the Restart option from the drop-down menu.
- Step 13:After restarting your Mac, check if you have successfully removed the antivirus.
- Step 14:By using these steps we can execute that how to delete sophos antivirus mac.
- Step 1:Before deleting the Sophos Antivirus software on your Mac, close all the running programs, including the Sophos Antivirus software.
- Step 2:Click the Finder icon available at the Dock.
- Step 3:In the Finder window, click the search field at the top-right corner of the window.
- Step 4:Type “monitor” in the search panel and hit the Enter key.
- Step 5:Click the This Mac tab and select the Activity Monitor icon.
- Step 6:In the Activity Monitor window, select the Sophos Antivirus software from the displayed list and click the X icon available at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Step 7:Confirm your action by clicking the Force Quit button from the pop-up window.
- Step 8:Next, click the Go menu and select Applications from the drop-down menu.
- Step 9:In the Applications window, give a right-click on the Sophos Anti-Virus icon and select the Move to Trash option from the pop-up menu.
- Step 10:If prompted, enter your Mac administrator password.
- Step 11:Once it is moved to the Trash folder, give a right-click on the Trash icon available near the Dock and select the Empty Trash option.
- Step 12:Now, restart your Mac and verify whether you have successfully removed the Sophos Antivirus software.
- Step 13:Using these steps we can execute that how to delete sophos antivirus mac.