How To Delete Mcafee from a computer?
McAfee antivirus is a security application that protects your computer from all kinds of malwares and threats. Some of the features that let you install the McAfee antivirus application on your computer are a firewall, spam filter, malicious URL blocking, file encryption, a password manager, secure file deletion, app, and web performance booters. But at the same time, this application acquires a lot of your system memory. There are several other reasons for deleting the antivirus file from a system, however, this leaves your system vulnerable to the threats. So, find a suitable antivirus for your system and install it as soon as possible.
Steps to Delete Mcafee from a computer using the Settings option
For the Windows 10 computer users:
- Step 1:Click the search field available in the taskbar.
- Step 2:Enter the Settings keyword in the search field.
- Step 3:Now, the list of suggestions based on the keyword will appear on the screen.
- Step 4:Select the Settings option.
- Step 5:Now, the Windows Settings window will open.
- Step 6:Click the Apps & Features tab available at the left-hand side of the screen.
- Step 7:The list of applications installed on your Windows 10 computer will appear on the screen.
- Step 8:Locate and select the McAfee antivirus application.
- Step 9:Click the Uninstall button beside the McAfee antivirus application.
- Step 10:On the confirmation screen, click the Uninstall button one more time.
- Step 11:Once the McAfee antivirus application is uninstalled successfully, close the Settings windows.
- Step 12:Restart your Windows 10 computer to complete the uninstallation process.
For Windows 8 systems:
- Step 1:Press the Windows button.
- Step 2:Now, the applications which are installed on your Windows 8 computer will appear on the screen.
- Step 3:Locate and right-click on the McAfee antivirus application.
- Step 4:Select the Uninstall option.
- Step 5:Now, go to your Windows computer's Programs and Features section.
- Step 6:Choose the McAfee antivirus application.
- Step 7:Click the Uninstall/ Change button followed by Uninstall.
- Step 8:Now, the McAfee antivirus software uninstall process begins.
- Step 9:Once the antivirus uninstall process is completed, restart your Windows 8 computer.
For the Windows 7 computer users:
- Step 1:Navigate to the Control Panel section of your Windows 7 computer.
- Step 2:Click the Add or Remove Program option in the Programs and Features section.
- Step 3:Search and select the McAfee antivirus application.
- Step 4:Click Add/ Remove > Remove > OK>.
- Step 5:After the McAfee antivirus uninstallation process, make sure to restart your Windows 7 computer.
- Step 6:Note: Make sure to sign in to your Windows computer with administrative rights while performing the uninstallation process to avoid errors.
Procedure to Delete Mcafee from a computer using the McAfee Removal Tool
- Step 1:The McAfee Removal Tool is available for download in the McAfee application’s official site.
- Step 2:Download and launch the McAfee Removal Tool on your Windows computer to begin the uninstallation process.
- Step 3:Make sure to perform the prompts as instructed on the screen.
- Step 4:Once the Removal Complete message is displayed, restart your Windows computer.
Perform these steps to uninstall or remove the McAfee antivirus application from a Mac computer
- Step 1:Switch on your Mac computer.
- Step 2:Launch the Applications window on your computer.
- Step 3:Locate and click on the McAfee antivirus uninstaller application.
- Step 4:Tick the checkbox beside the Uninstall SiteAdvisor option.
- Step 5:Click the Continue button.
- Step 6:When prompted, enter your Mac computer’s security key in the given field.
- Step 7:Wait for the McAfee antivirus uninstallation process to complete.
- Step 8:Once it is done, the uninstallation is complete message will appear on the screen.
- Step 9:Click the Finish button.
Click the Call or Call Us button provided on this web page to get remote assistance to delete Mcafee from a computer.