How To Completely Remove Virus From Pc?
When a device is connected to the Internet, the chances for it to be infected by viruses, malware, and other malicious threats are high. Only if you have an antivirus software installed on your device, you could browse securely over the Internet. However, if your PC is infected by viruses, then you could notice your PC hanging often. Its performance would have degraded. Also, some unwanted applications and plug-ins will be installed. Often you could notice these applications popping-up on your screen. So, you must completely remove the viruses from your PC. Scroll down to know how to completely remove virus from PC.
The steps to completely remove viruses from a PC using Kaspersky are given below.
- Step 1:Firstly, go to the official Kaspersky site and download the Kaspersky security product (antivirus software) for your OS.
- Step 2:After downloading, install Kaspersky on your PC.
- Step 3:Make sure to activate the product.
- Step 4:Before proceeding to scan the PC for viruses, it is good to disconnect the PC from the Internet.
- Step 5:Now, reboot the PC in safe mode.
- Step 6:When the PC boots, press the F8 key to view the Advanced Boot Options window and select the Safe Mode option.
- Step 7:Now, type Disk Cleanup in the search box and open the Disk Cleanup app. Delete the temporary files on your PC using the Disk Cleanup app.
- Step 9:Either choose the drives to scan or simply click the Scan button.
- Step 10:Kaspersky will scan your PC and in the end, the scan results will be displayed.
- Step 11:If viruses are detected, you can choose to delete or quarantine the viruses.
- Step 12:Once completed, reboot your PC.
- Step 13:Update all the applications on your PC and change the passwords for security.
- Step 14:Turn on all the protection features in Kaspersky to keep your PC protected from viruses. Finally, know how to completely remove virus from PC.