How To Check Antivirus In Linux?
Basically, there is no need to install any antivirus software on a Linux computer to protect it from harmful threats and malware. If you have recently switched to Linux and looking for a security program for it, then you should keep one thing in your mind that installing antivirus software in Linux is completely unnecessary or useless. When compared to Windows OS, the threats that you may encounter in Linux are not so harmful and dangerous. Since Linux is an open-source OS, lots of developers are working on the source code of the Linux OS to provide maximum security features. But, if you wish to install an antivirus software on your Linux OS computer, then go through the steps given below how to check antivirus in Linux.
- Step 1:First, select the antivirus software that is compatible with your Linux OS.
- Step 2:After selecting the antivirus software, you have to download and install it on your computer.
- Step 3:Make sure to download the selected antivirus software only from its official site.
- Step 4:After downloading the antivirus software, begin the program installation.
- Step 5:When compared to other OS types, installing an application in Linux is quite complicated because it uses commands to perform it.
- Step 6:After completing the installation process, check the installed antivirus application icon in the taskbar or under the applications section.
- Step 7:Open it and set the preferences as required.
- Step 8:Usually, you can use the Linux OS with or without using the antivirus software.
- Step 9:By using these steps we can execute how to check antivirus in Linux.
Do you know Linux is safer than Windows?
Two strategies that prove Linux is safer than Windows are discussed below.
a) Open Package
- Step 1:Consider you are running a Windows OS.
- Step 2:Now, you wish to install an application on your computer.
- Step 3:To do it, first, you will open your computer’s default browser and search for the program you wish to install.
- Step 4:After searching, you will download the installer file and install it on your computer.
- Step 5:But, in Linux, if you want to install the application, first, you have to open the package manager.
- Step 6:After that, you have to download the program only from Linux distribution’s software repositories.
b) Security features
The Linux user limits user accounts and becomes the root user only when required. Security features like AppArmor and SELinux are also available in the Linux OS.
If you having any further queries regarding how to check antivirus in Linux. Click the call button available on the screen.