How Do I Fix Norton Antivirus Not Opening Issue
The Norton antivirus program monitors your device activity and detects the threats. When you try to open it, you might see an error message similar to “Norton won’t open due to some reason.” To resolve this issue, follow these troubleshooting steps.
1. Restart your computer
Close all the applications running on your computer.
- Step 1:Once you restart the computer, check if the problem has been fixed.
- Step 2:If the issue persists, carry out the following troubleshooting steps.
2. Run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
Open any browser on the computer and access the manufacturer's website.
Click the Download Now button to download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Step 1:Usually, the downloaded file will be saved in the Downloads folder by default.
- Step 2:Or else, save the file on the Windows desktop.
- Step 1:Press the Ctrl and J keys on the keyboard to launch the Downloads window from your browser.
- Step 2:Or else, open File Explorer and access the Downloads folder.
To start the installation, double-click the NRnR icon and proceed with the following steps to fix the Norton antivirus not opening issue.
- Step 1:Review the terms and conditions of the Norton software.
- Step 2:Accept this license agreement by clicking the Agree button.
- Step 1:Now, you have to click the Remove & Reinstall button.
- Step 2:Note: If you have purchased the Norton product from your service provider, you will see the Remove button instead of the Remove & Reinstall button.
Select the Continue or Remove option.
When prompted, click the Restart Now button to restart the computer.
- Step 1:After the restart, carry out the on-screen prompts to reinstall the Norton antivirus program.
- Step 2:Check if the Norton antivirus not opening issue has been fixed. If not, get help from our technical support members.